Croft Pitlane Speed Limit locations?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by davehenrie, Dec 28, 2022.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I just ran a BTCC offline race at Croft, after about 12 of 18 laps I got tangled with another car at the 3rd tire chicane(just before the first straight) Got a stop and hold for 11 seconds since I ended up WAAAY in the weeds before I got back on the track. ok, but after serving the penalty I got another stop & hold for speeding in the pit lane. 5 straight laps I got a speeding penalty in pit lane even though each time I extended both ends of the pit lane on the limiter. The final time I didn't get a violation but I kept the limiter on til I was fully back on the racing line...and got smashed by the AI as I crawled out of there. Can anyone show me images of just where the pitlane speedlimit begins and finishes? I was waiting til my back bumper was past the two guys at the exit and engaging as soon as I straightened up from the final turn....sheesh!

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The old rFactor 1 trick still works - don't request a stop. Drive into the pits. You'll see the icon when you enter the pitlane. It'll disappear when you exit it.

@davehenrie and having just had a quick drive, the answer is rather boring: it starts where the signs are, and ends where the signs are. I would guess you weren't down to pitlane speed when entering each time.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
    davehenrie likes this.
  3. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Tried it also with the Vauxhall. No issues on my side. I agree with Lazza that your speed was to high when passing the speedlimit sign. Pitspeed limit is low (48 kph/30 mph) so i had to brake a bit more

davehenrie likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Well, it WAS user error. I WAS engaging the Pit Lane speed limiter prior to entering the pits, but I had a poor concept of how fast I was traveling while exiting that very tight final corner. Using @Lazza 's method, the two lines were exactly where I thought they were, I was just carrying too much speed as I entered the pits. Goes to show I don't do enough actual racing and end up just driving without any added pressure piled upon myself. THANKS! (now about that pit out area when angry folks are barreling down the main straight....how far to the left can you stay ????)