Create MOD from another MOD

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by ruizs, Jun 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ruizs

ruizs Registered

Hi! I downloaded the F1 1991 Ferrari car from the workshop (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1628206724&searchtext=1991+ferrari), so I have a MOD with only the Ferrari car. What I need, is to duplicate the MOD, change the name of the cars, the .dds files to change the appearance of the car...etc. So what I did is:

1. I extracted with MAS2.exe all the .MAS files of the MOD on one folder.
    2. I updated the files necessaries to me (like .veh, .dds of the car and the driver body, etc).
    3. I added all the files from the folder to a .mas file using MAS2.exe.
    4. I created a Single Cmp Package from MAS2.exe using the .mas file generated in the previous step.
    5. I installed the .rcmp package from the rF2
    6. The car/team added appears on the list but Ferrari disappears!
    So that's the problem I have right now, I want to keep both cars.

The solution isn't about creating a new team from the game and adding the Template because I need to change some files like DDS files of the wheel than I can't do it from this way.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

In step 4 are you doing something like this:
    upload_2020-6-12_9-46-35.png

3. ruizs

ruizs Registered

I didn't do this, I did it right now but if I fill the "Update from" field, when I click on Package button nothing happens

4. ruizs

ruizs Registered

I just follow the file I just upload, and now I could click the Package button with no problems. (Maybe the problem was that I didn't put the component name like the same than original MOD).

And like you can see in the page 6 of the PDF, I have the problem of the green cells I get it on red even saving it on another path.

Even with the red cell, the package is generated with no errors, so I installed the package, and on the game only appears the new version (the older has disappeared). So I need to make show the car skins and the older Ferrari skins too! :(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020