Crazy controls with XBOX 360 Controller :(

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by billrivas, May 8, 2013.

1. billrivas

billrivas Registered

Hi,
    The game is unplayable here. I´ve tried a lot of ways to get this working but the steering axis is totally crazy.

I´ve read other post and try to fix it, but I can´t.

The X steering axis is very sensitive. And looks like it has no course to get to the end of each side. It looks just from 0 - 100% of each axis in just one step. It´s 0 with the steering realeased, but if you put a little bit to each side, it´s totally messed and the car wheel goes full rotated to the end of it.

I´ve tried to reduce the sensitivity, but I have no result. It keeps with the same problem.

I use this same xbox control in other several games like: NFS Most Wanted, Grid and Iracing, and it worked very well.

I´m sending a replay .vcr file for you guys see how is the car behavior in the track.

I can mantain it on a straight line.

Someone can help???

2. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

my first bit of help would be.......... GET A WHEEL :p

no sorry cant help

3. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Seriously, unless you are disabled, get a freaking wheel, this isn't an arcade game, nor is Iracing for that matter.

4. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Stick with your console games bud.

5. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Hey. Try playing around with the speed sensitivity slider. Your right with everything standard its near impossible to drive with a controller but with the speed sensitivity at 80-90% it felt pretty good. Give that a go if you haven't yet

6. billrivas

billrivas Registered

I have a G25 installed on my desktop.

But this is not the question here.... If u can´t help, don´t loose your time on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2013
  7. billrivas

billrivas Registered

Thanks for the reply man.

I´ll try this.

Rfactor2 has serious problems.

Even in iracing i can play with my xbox controller. It´s so crazy to see that this game has a lot of things to improve and to see people like RCRacing trying to make fun out of users, instead of helping the community and the game to improve.

I´ve played several hours of Rfactor 1, with G25 and with controller. When I travel with my laptop, i like to play it.

And for this reason, I wish that this controls have 100% working on Rfactor 2.

Thanks for the answers.

8. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Hi,

Ignore the unhelpful replies, there is no reason why you can't play this game comfortably with a 360 pad. I do all the time even though I've got a good Fanatec wheel and pedals set up. Sometimes I can't be bothered setting up the wheel when I just want a quick session on rFactor 2!

These are my settings for the 360 pad:

Steering Sensitivity = 0%
    Steering Deadzone = 10%

Speed Sensitivity = 50%

Brake Sensitivity = 0%
    Throttle Sensitivity = 100%

As Adrian said, a high speed sensitivity setting really helps. Also experiment with the steering deadzone as I found my thumbstick would rarely return to neutral making steering in a straight line difficult.

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I apologise to, how about you be helpful to a forum member instead being condescending morons? Leave your egos at the login screen people!!

gamepad preset not give you good starting point? How big are your deadzones you have set?

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Great post, thanks for making it.

11. billrivas

billrivas Registered

Hi there,
    Thanks for your help. It became very better now.

Not perfect like I wanted. But it´s now more playable. I´ll try to tweak a little more in the settings to get it nailed.

Thanks a lot!!