Crash

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Unstable Release Testing' started by speed1, Sep 16, 2014.

1. speed1

speed1 Banned

Unfortunately this build still crashes when leaving the track after a race session and it doesn't matters if the race was driven by the AI or myself. It freezes and i have to use strg-alt-del. This was with the panoz on Palm Beach.

edit: another crash with a consequence of a frozen screen after an hit and run crash of the crazy panoz AI on silverstone. :rolleyes:

edit: no idea why but after the crash the ffb wheel is paralyzed under windows. I have to unplug the usb cable and plug in again, otherwise it can not be addressed anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
  2. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Just a thought,

I saw this in the past, it turned out it was the firewall or Virus Scanner ( AVG )
    I not just disabled it, but removed both...problem solved..

I found if you disabled it, for reasons unknown other to AVG, parts still stay active.

Like above, removal fixed things up..

Dave

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

Thank you for the tip but i'm not using any third part virus scan software, only the microsoft security essentials and had never any problems with it and rf2. The stable build don't crashes, just the last two unstable builds do unfortunately.

4. Justy

Justy Registered

I seem to be getting more freezes, when exiting a session, with these last unstable builds. It's been an issue for bit now (last couple of stable builds), but it was usually when I had Alt-Tabbed, or used the Windows key to minimise the game. Now it seems to do it even if I don't.

I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials too and Comodo Firewall. I will look into some alternatives to see if this helps. Thanks for the tip @Dave-NRT.

Cheers
    Justin

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

Looks like as if i found the reason for the crashes in my case. Not sure if the words are correct but the "write cache" for the extern USB3 drive wasn't activated. I performed 3 short runs on silverstone with the panoz and while leaving the track no crash so far. ;)

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

How on Earth would an external USB drive be related to rF2? I sure hope you weren't putting any sim-related files on a drive like that? Even high-speed drives have trouble keeping-up.

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

Oh it works well with the unstable, it seems i just have forgotten to enable the write cache after the last fresh install of windows. I'm using it for the packages and unstable builds and had never any issue with it until now. ;)

8. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Hi Speed,

A nice found it seems. Could you maybe mark this thread as 'solved'? Just for a better overview:)

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

How to do that. :eek: