Crash at 100% load server

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Enric Miro Barba, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Enric Miro Barba

Enric Miro Barba Registered

Hi, since 2-3 weeks, every time I enter a server or offline, and it loads to 100%, crash and send me to desktop. I usually try 2-3 times, and then it's all ok. When I change of server, again crashes this way 2-3 times until I can play.
    Sometimes, I enter, but it loads without any texture as well.
    I send last crash

https://mega.nz/file/LHYCUYzb#--cNecdYfbhztuY0V5cOfBYZt5IIIBzoL7U0Tmok_ug

Nvidia 3090 / 10900k, reverb g2, never happened this before (I had troubles with ESC crash, but not now)

Best regards,
    Enric

2. Oleksandr Borodai

Oleksandr Borodai Registered

I'm expiriencing pretty similar problems.
    Yet my system runs on Ryzen + 6800XT and my VR is Pimax 5ks.
    Tried to verify integrity, cleare caches, reinstalled the game w/o workshop content, different video dirvers, etc. Nothing helps...
    The best example of this problem for me is LFM servers. I can join StockCar server this week, but LeMans crashes 100% times I try.

Can someone help to figure out through the logs / dumps how to catch the problem?

3. Enric Miro Barba

This is how you can create a trace file

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/how-to-create-a-trace-file.62304/

4. Enric Miro Barba

By the way, I deleted player.json and all the custom pluguins, as well checked files in steam.
    Thanks!

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

AMD video cards must use an older driver to avoid crashes with rF2. v22.5.1 is the last known completely reliable driver file.

Oleksandr Borodai likes this.
  6. Oleksandr Borodai

Oleksandr Borodai Registered

Thanks! That solved my problem!

7. Enric Miro Barba

I'm happy for you hehe, did someone check the logs? I can only see de txt one, the other I don't know how to read, thanksssssss

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Sorry your problem isn't as easy to solve as @Oleksandr Borodai.
    The final lines of the trace.txt mention a league upgrade.(VEC) Are you, perhaps, using a VEC car for non VEC events? Or is this happening when you try to join an official VEC server?
    I would also ensure you have all plugins disabled. If that cures the issue, then add any plugins you need, one at a time and test each addtion.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I probably won't have time right now to check, but I suspect your .dmp file won't be related to your trace (and rF2 exit) as the trace ends with onFatalError 11. So the game has probably closed itself after encountering its fatal error, not an actual crash. (if I'm reading the trace right you haven't actually set up traceFlush correctly for a crash either - you've missed the + in +traceflush ; but as I say in this case it probably doesn't matter, and you should only have traceflush on when you're expecting/diagnosing a crash, as it could affect performance)

I see you've done fresh .json files and removed the plugins, I'd try clearing out your cbash and shaders folders (under userdata\log), and after that I'd probably try a completely fresh userdata folder by renaming the existing one and then verifying rF2 files in steam.

10. Enric Miro Barba

Ok thanks a lot both of you
    @davehenrie it happens in every car or track not only vec ones.
    The rfmini says something about "memory corruption large 256" that's all.
    I will do what you say Lazza, thanks again!

11. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Did you clear shaders? I asked the programmers about it, and that's what they suggested.