CPU spikes and jerky replays

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Bruceiow, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Bruceiow

Bruceiow Registered

Hi all,

I am getting serious spikes on all tracks with rf2. The spike is strange as it looses me laptime.. I can be a second up on the delta, the game spikes and I magically loose all that gained time. I checked the built in monitor and I see the pink graph spiking, whilst the green one stays stable. I get over 100 FPS at all times. When I quit to the garage, the replay is terrible, the playback is jerky and unwatchable.

My specs are Ryzen 5 3600 on a b450f, 16gb 3200mhz ram, 2060 super. Windows is running on an nvme and rf2 has its own ssd. I am using a g29 wheel as well.

Surely that should be a decent enough spec to get a good experience??

2. Bruceiow

Bruceiow Registered

Worth saying that I'm playing only practice sessions, only with AI and under 8 AI on track

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Bruceiow system should certainly be capable, but the purple Ctrl-C graph spiking (this should mean the bar reaches the right hand side, probably coinciding with the histogram showing some erratic behaviour) means the CPU is running out of time to process the physics. I would check for any background processes potentially interfering, and bear in mind nearly anything can do this (even browser windows can sometimes cause issues).

I guess the other thing to consider is whether your CPU speed is changing/throttling, find a hardware monitor and check what it's doing. Make sure your windows power options won't reduce the CPU speed to save power.

Replay issues could be related or could just be replay issues. Or both. I'd concentrate on the realtime at this point.