Couple of questions for devs

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Dirtnz, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Dirtnz

Dirtnz Registered

Hey guys

Just have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer in relation to a few different things.

1: Are there plans for dev mode to mirror the new ui system in the near future? not much of a major just a pain not being able to test new car icons without having to pack the car into a final package etc and test full version.

2: When in multiplayer there used to be an option to change your car without having to completely exit the server, absolutely brilliant for communities that run multiple classes in one mod package etc will this option also be making a return or has this been scrapped all together?

3: Is there a way of changing the default multiple race format?
    so for example right now if i had it set to 30 cars, 4 races what it does is split the field evenly in the first 3 races so 10 cars per heat then those finishing results etc determine grids for an all in 30 car final in the 4th race.

Is there a way now or could there be in the future the ability to have a race format that doesn't split the field, so all 30 cars are in all 4 race's?

I ask this because after some trail and error I have managed to set this up so each race is at a different time of day starting in the afternoon with the final race being at night however I would like the ability to run a race meeting over multiple races that does not split the field and includes all cars.

If this hasn't been considered this would be a great asset and or feature for servers whom currently cannot change the time of day per race without having to restart the server with new settings applied etc if done correctly and preloaded into the tracks gdb file simply setting the server to default time of day and using the multi race format allows that option to become a reality.

Alternatively an easier option would be to allow the time of day to be adjusted from within the server much like race laps etc has this option ever been considered?

Anyway cheers guys any response or help would be appreciated they are not common questions I've seen asked so was not sure where to post so apologize if this is in the wrong section.