Released Corvette C6 road cars now available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corti

Corti Registered

thanks, nice The family continues to grow

2. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

W00t! Thank you guys!

3. batito

batito Registered

love it, thxs guys :D

4. cosimo

cosimo Registered

I have to partially correct my previous post. Engine sound seems the same of the gt2 c6r but "muffled" electronically.

5. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

thx ISI and Siim. That will be a nice weekend for me :)

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I am amazed by the level of quality this content holds, time and time again.
    Two hour test drive online at Tiger Moth....

As the young'ns would say:
    That is one sweet ride! :cool:

I'll take this baby to the Nordschleife tomorrow.
    Can't wait. Wish I didn't have a biological need for sleep. Don't have time for it! ;)

7. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

awesome! thank you ISI!

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I haven't tried them yet but I just saw a video (not sure which model) and I was about to say the same thing.

Too bad :(

Does the ZR1 have that high pitched sound to it? In real life videos, there is a fairly prevalent high pitched sound along with the v8 roar, but i believe that this high pitched sound only comes from the ZR1. And no, I'm not talking about the supercharger sound. Has this sound been included?

2. Has the sound of the supercharger itself been included?

3. How has the supercharger (I believe most Europeans call it a "compressor") been modelled - physics wise?

9. Acoutsa

Acoutsa Registered

Big thank you to ISI and Siim, this magnificent fashion !! I find this mode too realistic as street car, already thrown into big fan of this fashion supra corvette was the best street car as in rfactor1 !!! Thank you again for a job done you guys !! And I hope that other street car will come with you !!! Sure it was a good day all !! Peace .........; )

10. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Does the AI select the Z07/PDE packages? When I try and select the Z07 or PDE I get no opponents available.

Car can be bump started from 1 MPH or higher - just roll in neutral until 1 MPH, mash gas, dump clutch. Actually, you can just dump it into 1st from neutral at 0 MPH with the engine running and it will go.
    ...it also does nearly 90 MPH in reverse! (just throwing that out there because it's awesome)

Even more "important" now : please put a helmet on the driver as the default option. It looks silly without one while the NSX driver has one. You gave us the option, it should be default on IMO.
    Along the same lines, would be cool to have the Z06 default to the older Z06 appearance, seeing how it looks quite similar to the ZR1 with the default upgrades. Would by handy for races with both Z06 and ZR1. :) (Plus it looks cooler)

HUD looks waaaay better than the rF1 version, it's actually useful now! However, the hold over km/h tag by the speed is still there. Kind of weird when the dashboard speedo is in MPH. Now it is wrong for everyone, at least if it said MPH it would be right for MPH drivers.

Dashboards also seem goofed, sometimes it looks like you see the Z06/ZR1/60th logos all at once, GS has the Z06 dash?

Besides those few very minor points, absolutely fantastic. As with the rF1 version, the Z07 is the best of the bunch IMO, and gives the '91 NSX a good run for it's money for the best rF2 car. Drives quite similar to the rF1, little snappier and twitchier, but similar none the less. Fun car for circuit driving, but the Z06 is more fun for shenanigans. As said above, fantastic balance of power and handling makes them a blast to drive. ZR1 seems like it was an insurance problem waiting to happen without the upgraded tires, GS is friendliest of the bunch. Coupe feels like it should be driven by a old man like an old man - dee, I wonder why?

The reverb in rF2 seems to help this car sound better, but it's still underwhelming in that regard (though in fairness, I haven't heard a single high displacement V8 in a sim that actually sounds great, the dynamics have to be very difficult to reproduce!). No supercharger sounds for the ZR1, as was with the mod. :( Shame in general, these cars sound great in the real world.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
  11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Thanks (answer regarding wether it has supercharger sounds).

I wonder how the supercharger is modelled. Do they just use the turbo physics model?

12. Coanda

Coanda Registered

+1.

I love the adjustable centre mirror & the interior modelling and textures are great.

Two tests at Indy.

Test 1 Issues:

- Randomly my screen would blink (off then on) full black. I have not seen or had this issue before.
    - The usual overexposure within the cockpit view compared to exterior camera views.

Test 2 Issues:

- Tried running C6 ZR1 against ISI C6 GT2. This resulted in wiper mesh error messages + CTD (B880). Also selected either 2009 or 2010 spec GT2 did nothing in the opponent section and I could only select C6 GT2.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
  13. matf1

matf1 Registered

Yup, a few of us experienced the black screen 'flash' at Palm Beach.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

14. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Thanks ISI, awesome cars, very fun and look great.

The supercharger doesn't appear to be modeled, however the engine model doesn't have IAT or intercooler modeling so it wouldn't really bring anything to the car except for having something they could use to drive more correct supercharger sounds :)

15. Coanda

Coanda Registered

According to the ISI C6 ZR1 profile page it says this car has 638hp however the Carstat2 plugin suggests 554hp? It also says this version is Normally Aspirated..

16. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Gulp... yup the most it produces is ~554.41 @ 6375 "RPMBase=(6375,-137.68,619.25,0,0.868)"

also it's 106Nm of torque down on what it should produce. :cool:

17. Coanda

Coanda Registered

hmm give more power ; )

I am hanging for ISI to implement hands that change gears. It really kills the visuals/realism.

18. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Also from the TGM's #newcontactpatchexcitement can't wait?

//[PatchV1]
    //Version=1.103
    DeflectionStepSize=0.002785655081422379
    MID:
    C=(-961132438,-457536681)
    LGP:
    C=(-829300788,-150684318)
    HGP:... etc

19. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

That might be for N/A and the rest of the torque/power comes from a turbo.

20. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Then they forgot to add lines in the ini for that :D we get to look forward to 84Hp and 106Nm in the next update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.