[REL] Corvette C6.r ZR1 2013 & C7R 2014/15 by UnitedRacingDesign July 2016

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Nov 29, 2013.

1. TJones

TJones Registered

Yes, and this is exactly what i love with rF2, the "depth" of the sim.

2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

You can reach enough top speed on most tracks. You have to break a lot before reaching the top speed. The splitter reduces it not really. For Le Mans you can use 3/16 or 2/10-12

3. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Uh nice one :D That is the last i would have thought about :D

Anyway, next question. Do you or did your rework the headlight intensity for the EGT cars? Driving at night isn't really a big deal but driving in the afternoon is no fun at all :D

4. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

I havent found any solution yet actually. I have tested that with C6r/C7r actually but didnt get it to work properly.

5. gkz

gkz Registered

I can t change the mirror params or mirrow size i hope the update of egt will implement this because the mirrors are usleless without these adjustments.

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

was answered 3 Pages before ;)

Probably coming with the update...

7. UnitedRacingDesign

I just finished all mirrors meshes.All EGT and Vettes will get them in update.

8. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Strangely the CR7 looks much better in rF2 than AC :confused: :cool:

Thank you so much for your work and offering free addons for rF2!

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
  9. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

just had a go on Mid ohio in C7 vs 95% AI of all sorts (they seem to be all identical no matter which car) But what a ride, what a race, what a blast :) well done, dunno how to improve the fronts wear but other than that, what a car. Well done :)

10. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

I don't know if it's reported. I couldn't found it in here.

It's not game breaking, just a bit annoying: I'm getting texture flickering on the front of the car, next to the headlights and at the rear bumper left and right.
    I think it's called Z-flickering or something.

With 1 car on track it's not noticeable but it's getting a bit worse with a lot of cars on big tracks like Lemans and the Nords.

Anyway, thanks for the car. I'm having a ton of fun with it. :eek:

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

These problems are worse on very long tracks...I remember Tosch talking about it related to Nords. Any car modder needs to use Nords as stress test ;)

12. UnitedRacingDesign

I think this is a bug to that returned, the issue was present in early builds and fixed, looks like it returned now. Will check on that to be sure.

13. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

I had this with Lime Rock Park too. Visible from track side cams. Both the C6.R and C7.R, front side.

14. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I see this flickering too and it is clearly z-fighting. The front bumper is detachable for crash physics and there is a second surface right behind the bumper that flickers through. I know no solution to this problem other than to remove the second surface. It is possible to reduce this effect for TV cams by increasing the value for the front clip plane (have done that for the Nordschleife), but it doesn't work for cockpit view because parts of the cockpit would disappear.

15. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

yep, not much you can doo, its affected by FoV (Zoom), distance and thats about it. Simply the distance of the camera from the car. Not much you can do, this is the way rF2 has implemented the damage, by having the parts that get exposed after detaching the bumber rendered too. The only solution i can think of is to skip rendering of the parts that get exposed untill the detaching occurs, but coding for that would be required. Not gonna happen any time soon. Untill then i would prefer simply cars without detachable elements but not flickering.

16. RJames

RJames Registered

Could you confirm this happens on all the skins available? The reason i ask is i spotted something in the car paint on the Michelin version (2014 car) that has a yellow block that flashes up in the center of the front bumper as the LODS change, on the skin i painted however i painted that part of the skin area black and i couldn't see it happening on that version (2015 Labre version). I spotted it on Emptybox's video and reported it to Ales of which should be fixed for the update.

17. Lgel

Lgel Registered

+1. Everything but flickering.

18. UnitedRacingDesign

I have tryed to fix this issue and got it to somewhere now. Yet removing backside polys will be wrong once the bumper is detached. On C6r there was no modeling work so it looks this changed in rF2 itself how if that came up now and not before. I remember i had this issue in past but for that we modeled the backside slightly away to prevent this issues and they were gone. Its same case on C7r that the backside is modeled away.

19. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

i did have this issue with other cars, its there a lot even with ISI GTR, just never really reported or mentioned it cuz i know there is flip all you can do about it atm

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

But better not to "fix" it here if it's a general rF2 problem. If the cars are built the same as ISI's, what else can one do?