Corvette C6.R GT2 autolift missing

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Marek Lesniak, May 12, 2013.

1. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

C6R GT2 (and most other GT2, GT1 etc. class cars, by the way) a feature which cuts off fuel supply for a period of time, when an upshift occurs. That is implemented in ECU and provided already by the car's manufacturer (so this is not an upgrade type of stuff).

rFactor 1 and rFactor 2 has an aid called "autolift" but... yeah, that is just an aid, targeted to help doing upshifts on cars with a manual gearbox for people without clutch. What we don't have in rF 2, is a native type of autolift, set and configurable in HDV.
    I somewhat covered that feature already in that thread:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-aid-Semiautomatic-separate-for-blip-and-lift

It looks like, nothing has changed since then and because we already have cars missing this feature (like the Corvette C6.R GT2 and I think, the GT-R GT1 should also have sequential with autolift but downshifts with clutch and blip), i think it's worth implementing that (as a basic form of that already is there, since rF 1).

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2013
  2. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

3. Marek Lesniak

Ups, sorry. I didn't notice your thread.

4. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Aha no need to apologize :p Just saying that I reported the same while ago but never got a reply

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Now I'm confused, I was just told that lift and blip settings could be set in the car's physics files (I think .HDV file), so that it is set properly per car, overriding your player file (.PLR) auto lift and auto blip 1/0 settings.

Cant we just have figure this out once and for all? Game engine has been out for so long, yet still so much confusion about something so important in a racing game, shifting gears.

6. Marek Lesniak

Then ask that person, where it is :) As far as I know HDV content, right now there is no such thing to achieve functionality I am looking for.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2013
  7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I'll search for it tomorrow, posted it here a while ago.