Corner workers

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by PRC Steve, Sep 16, 2014.

1. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I have only 3dsimed and I have managed to get corner workers into my track and the wave the flags in devmode and in the packaged track in single player but they only wave green flags, I know all the other flags are there as I see them animated in the imported .scn in 3dsimed.
    Do I have to set up some sort of trigger so when there is a yellow flag on track the corner workers flag changes ?

2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Below is an example of the flag material in 3ds Max -- that's all I can help with, sorry. I'm sure SimEd has a similar way to set up texture animations ...
    Note how the animation texture base name does not contain any numbers (MarshalFlag.dds). The numbers are automatically added by the animation sequence, which would trigger the different flag to be shown.

MarshalFlag.gif

3. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Ensure all your cornerworkers are named correctly.. if your missing one (Ie you break the sequence of numbering ) then they wont change flags.
    The GMT name is irrelevant.. (the _xxx) after the corner worker in your scene file must be in sequential order.

I had the same issue.. but i was had just misnamed one to the same number.. and every flag after that point stayed green.

EG
    Instance=Cornerworker_000
    {
    MeshFile=scpole0.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=True ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid)
    }
    Instance=Cornerworker_001
    {
    MeshFile=scpole1.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=True ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid)
    }
    Instance=Cornerworker_002
    {
    MeshFile=scpole2.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=True ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid)
    }
    Instance=Cornerworker_003
    {
    MeshFile=scpole3.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=True ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid)
    }
    Instance=Cornerworker_004
    {
    MeshFile=scpole4.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=True ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid)
    }
    Instance=Cornerworker_005
    {
    MeshFile=scpole_01.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=True ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid)
    }
    Instance=Cornerworker_006
    {
    MeshFile=scpole_02.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=True ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid)
    }
    Instance=Cornerworker_007
    {
    MeshFile=scpole_03.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=True ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid)
    }
    Instance=Cornerworker_008
    {
    MeshFile=scpole_04.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=True ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid)
    }
    Instance=Cornerworker_009
    {
    MeshFile=scpole_05.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=True ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid)
    }
    Instance=Cornerworker_010
    {
    MeshFile=scpole_06.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=True ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid)
    }
    Instance=Cornerworker_011
    {
    MeshFile=scpole_07.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=True ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid)
    }
    Instance=Cornerworker_012
    {
    MeshFile=scpole_08.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=True ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid)
    }
    Instance=Cornerworker_013
    {
    MeshFile=scpole_09.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=True ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid)
    }
    Instance=Cornerworker_014
    {
    MeshFile=scpole_10.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=True ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid)
    }
    Instance=Cornerworker_015
    {
    MeshFile=scpole_11.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=True ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid)
    }
    Instance=Cornerworker_016
    {
    MeshFile=scpole_12.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=True ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid)
    }

4. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Excellent ! Thanks again man :eek:

5. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

6. rafalgt

rafalgt Registered

For me, working tables, flags are visible respectively.
    The only problem is the distance at which reacts yellow flag.
    In the picture you can see when the yellow flag starts. when exits.
    Dali on the image you see when you finish line waving a judge and it is correct.
    How to extend the operating range of the yellow flags?

View attachment 19050

edit

I found a solution principle of operation.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2016
  7. andreaglass

andreaglass Registered

Are you going to share the solution you've found? :confused: