Copy MAS from main install

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by justposted, Dec 20, 2021.

1. justposted

justposted Registered

I have struggled with setting up a dedicated server, but think I'm pretty much there. I can create events and make them run so that they appear in the game and I can join them.

What I can't figure out is how to grab the MAS or RFMOD (not sure which I need) that exists on my main game and make it an event or series that I can then run on my server. For example, I'd like to copy a Competition System event so that I can pick car/track combinations from that and run them as casual/practice servers.

Can I do that? Obviously I can create a copy manually, by selecting cars and tracks, but I'm pretty sure I should be able to copy an existing one.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

.rfmod is what links components together to make an event. If your server has the right components installed (tracks, cars) the .rfmod is all you need to install and have available in the server's Packages folder for download for clients to join.

The components you actually run on are .rfcmp files, which get installed via steam or you put manually into the Packages folder to install them with ModMgr (or UI for the clients).

DLC has a separate process as well, there are a couple of sticky threads in this section explaining how to run DLC on a server.

justposted likes this.
  3. justposted

justposted Registered

Can't believe that out of all the iterations of copying, installing and creating rfmods, i didn't try that one. Thanks a lot.

So for anybody else reading this: just as Lazza said, you copy into Packages (in your dedicated server install folder) and install via ModMgr. The when you run the server, you can select an rfmod from there. The MAS utility is there for creating the rfmods in the first place, if you aren't copying existing ones. Easy!

I've got the DLC stuff sorted, thanks. At least I think I have.

Lazza likes this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's always the last thing you try. Unless you're really crazy and try more stuff after you work it out :p

philrob, davehenrie and DJCruicky like this.