Converting a track; problems.

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Navigator, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

I really would love to drive StPetersburg but it's nowhere to be found for rF2. So I thought I try and convert it......

I did with cars sometimes and what I did was converting the gmt's with 3Dsimed and poor it into devmode; after that adjust all things but first get it in there.

Now I did the same with this track; 565 gmt's converted, the two mas files in a folder and the folder "StPetersburg" in there with all the aiw and so on files.
    That didn't work, made a mas with those aiw/scn stuff and put it in there; still no luck.

What happens is that I see it in the first screen; I get to select it, but when I press "race" the screen goes black and drops to desktop. No errors are given.
    Anyone got an idea what I might have done wrong?
    It will be crappy, but at least it should load, right?

2. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Run a trace file. then it will tell you why it crashed.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You don't need to put the AIW, gdb, scn etc in a MAS file in devmode. Just leave them loose. Apart from that, something's obviously not right or missing :p

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks for the response guys!

Sadly; I don't know what a trace file is, so I go and look into that.

The aiw in a mas; I didn't think so too, but just tried.......I was out of ideas :)
    Looking for missing files now (as well as whats wrong, but did that yesterday for 3 hours........don't think I can find it now).

5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well I found out some things......mainly that I spend 2 hours yesterday converting the gmt's for nothing ;)

I renamed the path with the "ASSETS" extensions (strange to me because those mas files or folders are not named like that) but I got the loading screen.
    Nice, but it didn't load; all gmt's are "the wrong version or not allowed".

I don't know why, as I did the same with the cars; "converting to rF2".

Anyway; that's it. I'm not going to do 565 files over again, plus; my demo on 3Dsimed expired again and this was the last laptop I had for this ;)

Thanks for the help guys.