Conversion RF1 to RF2 shaders

Discussion in 'Modding' started by MHansen, May 21, 2015.

1. MHansen

MHansen Registered

Hi all,

I am trying myself with a conversion from rf1 to rf2 and I am using Mario's GMT2 converter, but every once in a while, the scripts stumbles into an unknown shader. So my question is simply, is there any way to figuring out which RF2 shaders would be best to replace the RF1 shader or a list of the same? Then I wouldn't have to guess which one works.

It could be, for example, this RF1 shader: L2FRESNELCUBEMAPSPECMAPT0.

Cheers

2. RJames

RJames Registered

I stumbled apon the same when messing around with tracks/cars. Basically its just those rF1 tracks/cars used custom shaders, but they should be in the folder for the rf1 version.

If missing spec/bump etc:
    I would typically just select the default .dds for that part e.g. if it said part1spec.dds not found i'd find part1.dds and just use that. At least to allow the import to complete without missing parts.

If custom cubemap:
    Typically i spotted these for custom chrome/glass or interior uses. What i did to simply make sure the conversion imported okay was to select the default rf2 shader CUBEMAP for each that requested it and to make a note if possible of the textures that was using the custom cubemap to look at later to see if i needed to update it.

I think those custom cubemaps should work fine in rf2 anyway if you did want to find them in the rf1 folder.

My first job after the import would actually then be to go through every material and rename usually first and update their settings for rf2 standards. Renaming was mainly to create a single uniform system so its easy to find/update later as i found much rf1 content had really odd names where it was clear someone had built the track in stages or multiple authors.