Controller issue

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Mark Fuller, May 11, 2018.

1. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Hi everyone - following many threads here and one suggestion involves creating a new player.json. Haven't done this in ages, but tried twice now. The issue that I am experiencing is that in the controls section, I cannot get rF2 to acknowledge any input from my controllers [T500 and CS V1]. If I press detect, it shows the T500, but the steering is showing as though full left turn. However, turning the wheel has no effect. Trying to assign any of the buttons does not work. Trying to assign the throttle does not work. Loading a saved profile has no effect.

Have I missed something? TIA

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Only advice I have is to check if they are being detected in the Windows Game Controller app.
    Also check if you have the latest firmware and drivers for the T500.
    https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t500rs-en/
    You could also try removing the Controller.JSON from the player folder and restart rF, and of coarse there always the ol' verify game ffiles.

3. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

With my saved controller profiles, the wheel and pedals work fine. Yes, the controllers are all present in the Windows controller app and running the latest drivers. Files all verified, but not tried removing the controller.json yet as not important at the moment. Was wondering if I had forgotten something simple in the set up process. Hopefully, won't need to actually resolve this.