Controller file question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I have a controller file that includes a force feedback multiplier of 0.65. However, this never gets set unless I manually load the controller file. To clarify, I go into rf2 and controller file says l.ini and all my buttons, wheel, pedals, etc. are correctly mapped but ffb multiplier is 1.00. But if I choose to load and select l.ini (the same file that is presumably already loaded) the ffb multiplier is then correctly set at 0.65. Is there something I can do to force this to load correctly?

2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

1 person likes this.
  3. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

I may be wrong, but I think it will automatically change the value to default for each car. Your buttons, etc will be saved, but the FFB and the Steering ratio (I don't recall if that is the term used) will set to the car you are in. Each car appears to have a different value, so it defaults.
    I am only guessing, but that is the only logical conclusion I can come up with. I do know what you are talking about and have noticed it too. Now, if it is a bug and it is supposed to be saving whatever value we put in and save the file, then I'm wrong and it isn't working correctly.
    Maybe somebody with more knowledge on the subject will give us the answer ;)

EDIT:
    I see someone has posted the reason and I also see my logic was correct.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Does not bother me persay, I think it is a good idea that you reload your profile and test wheel every room every time.

Seen too many people run into walls or forget to set, like race drivers you have rituals you go through.

Race driver checks the wheel is not going to come off in his hands beforehand. lopl

Then again I think you should pit in and out properly all the time every time as well. ;)