Control mappings get scrambled

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by fobban, Sep 21, 2012.

1. fobban

fobban Registered

So now this bug has happened to me twice. The worst thing is that I don't know any way to replicate it.

This is what I did the second time: I've started a simple 5 lap race with historical F1 cars on Spa. I crash, take restart game and do that a couple of times. All of the sudden all (or most) of the bindings have stopped working. Look right is launch control, right paddle shifts down instead of up etc. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm using a Logitech G27 on Windows 8 x64.

Unfortunately I don't know a 100% way to reproduce this.

Edit: I just realize there is a specific section for controls. Sorry for posting in the wrong section!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2012
  2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Any power issues with your machine or controller? Only time I have had this happen was when I either plugged the wheel in while the software was loading, or my wheel lost power to the USB.

3. fobban

fobban Registered

Hello Tim and thanks for the answer.

I don't have any issues that I know of with my computer and haven't had any with my controller either (G27). The controller is always plugged in.

The reason I posted the report was because I experienced the problem twice, but I haven't had it since, so I really don't know what caused it. Could be something on my end, could be something with rF2.

I did update my bios afterwards. No idea if that could have anything to do with it.

If I encounter something I think is related to this I'll update the thread.

Thanks.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks, appreciate it.

If it happens again, try running in window mode if you aren't, see if that stops it.