Contiunual rF2 crashes

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by RSR_Shags, Mar 31, 2012.

1. RSR_Shags

RSR_Shags Registered

Guys I am suffering ongoing and continual rF2 crashes.

[​IMG]

Every time I load up for a driving session the game loads the track and then minidumps to desktop with the error above...

Please help.

2. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

ISI, please take a note. Launcher, modmanager and sim itself has some stability problems, when NOT ran in Windows 7 English.

I have 3 identical dev PC, except OS language. Two of them has Finnish OS and one English OS. With ENG OS system is stable with all rF2 components, FI OS I have more or less somekind of stability problems. I have ruled out windows, hardware, BIOS and driver problems.

When troubleshooting this, I got impression that some part of rF2 files have Windows permission problems on other OS language than ENG, IF installation location is default (Program Files (x86)\rFactor2). When installed on default location, it doesn't matter if you have administration user account with full permissions and control or even if you take installation folders ownership again. Stability problem is there.

If you install rF2 outside of OS default location (i.e. C:\rFactor2), everything works and all rF2 components are stable.

Cheers!