Connect with your community ISI, we want to help.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by REDRUM, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REDRUM

REDRUM Registered

I am not trolling, I love RF2 but its time ISI pulled their **** together and start connecting with their beta community and involving us more, keeping us in the loop with plans, development progression, content progression, build progression and updates.

Make us all sign an NDA if necessary, I am sure every single person here would be happy to if it means they become more directly involved. Right now the entire development of this product has been disjointed from said 'beta community'.

You could also start releasing your nightly builds and unfinished content so we can actually do our part, you already have a tiered membership which you can work with to accomplish this. This is a beta, if a nightly build is broken... We don't care, however with an appropriate sub forum you could get valuable feedback from the community which would be beneficial to you.

You have a community of dedicated members who want to see RF2 succeed, its about time you started using them.

1 person likes this.
  2. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Remember, we are not the beta testers. We are just people interested on the product and talking about it. Beta testers are their own group, they have the word "Tester" in their avatar.

3. REDRUM

REDRUM Registered

I am quite capable of differentiating between a beta tester and beta access, however this entire project has separated from the community, the very people who financially support the development of this software. ISI need to work on their PR and reconnect with the community.

Thanks to everyone for the negative rep btw, I was only trying to constructively express and share my concerns along with everyone else, I don't see how any of my posts have been negative?

1 person likes this.
  4. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

That's one way of looking at it. ISI (Tim) has confirmed to think about it differently. They don't feel comfortable with 'the masses' having this game yet, so they don't want to promote it to much. It was allready stated that once the game gets more finished, and they feel more happy about it, that then the PR would go up.

Clearly, not everyone agrees with this, but they made their disision, and it's one I can fully understand, and respect. I can see your side as well, sometimes it can be fustrating, but some people disagreeing won't change their way of working for sure (if anything, this became very clear over the last couple of months ;) )

5. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

A sort of 'game paid' forum members section only? Seems like a good idea!! :)

6. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Why not yeah, but I think that majority of the people here (active) are paid customers... maybe 80-90% I would say.

7. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

This community is not that big so we don't need any more separation and as already stated most here (or at least those that are active) are paid customers anyway.

8. Spadge

Spadge Registered

I disagree with the sentiment in the original post; ISI read and post here in the forums, so I think they are engaged with their community.

OK, fair enough, we don't get kept up to date with everything they are working on all the time, but that's to be expected. A certain level of professional secrecy is the norm in software development.

I personally have no regrets about having put my wallet down on the next generation of my favourite sim, and in return ISI gave me access to their WIP. That's a fair deal in my books. It doesn't make me an employee of the company though, so I don't expect to be kept in the loop with all their trade secrets.

3 people like this.
  9. liebestod

liebestod Registered

No way on Earth are we going to be presented with NDAs or be evaluating nightly builds. That's completely ridiculous.

10. kro388th

kro388th Registered

+1

11. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

12. Crankee Stroka

Crankee Stroka Registered

I don't agree or disagree strongly with OP.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    I'm just glad to be involved from the outset.
    It's been great fun so far.
    I had to make a decision regarding a Win7 reinstall of late, to delete old files or not, (build 49 onwards),
    I kept them all.

1 person likes this.
  13. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

What he said :)

14. Spadge

Spadge Registered

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Apply to be an internal beta tester if you're that worried about it. Contact link has always been up at the top.

Meanwhile, I can't see a lot of other game developers releasing what you're asking us to release. And there is a reason.

We have considered releasing the internal builds, but considering how few understand that this isn't a finished product already, we believe this wouldn't be well received and frankly the judgement (like yours, based on your needs as a consumer more than ours to finish the product) is quite unhelpful in itself.

We're doing just fine, remember it's you seeing a problem. We're well aware it's taken longer than we wanted it to, that's the only problem we have right now.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.