confused and frustrated. Need help

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Josh Boardman, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Josh Boardman

Josh Boardman Registered

Hello everyone im brand new to this forum and as a matter of fact im new to pc games. I own a ps3 and have only really played those kinds of games. I recently purchased rfactor because I am a huge dirt track racing fan and want to play! This is my first pc game ever! I tried to download my ps3 controller to my computer to use it for the game and it didnt work, it feels like I have tried everything. Then I found out that you can actually buy steering wheels for the pc and i was wondering which one would work best for dirt track racing because that is all i would use it for. I know they are a bit pricey and I really dont want to spend a fortune, so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Josh

2. Josh Boardman

Josh Boardman Registered

Btw I have a hp laptop equipped with windows 8 with 64 bit, and i believe the computer is called split x2 if that matters.

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Hi Josh. If you are new to PC racing Sims I would suggest just a cheap generic wheel to begin with and then as you progress.. upgrade. There are a lot of beginner wheels on ebay etc and a lot of them work on Pc and Ps3
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thrustmas...ther_Computing_Networking&hash=item3ce259fd23

A joypad is fine but there is a lot more immersion involved when using a wheel.
    If you really take to rFactor you could spend a lot of money on a wheel and pedals set. But then again I have raced with some really fast guys who use cheap wheels and sit on kitchen chairs/stools.
    Sim racing is a way of life for some, a professional sport for others or just a bit of entertainment. It all depends on how far you want to go.

4. Josh Boardman

Josh Boardman Registered

Is this wheel hard to install or can I do it myself? I am not very tech savvy lol.

5. coops

coops Banned

logitech g27 very well priced great 1st wheel. most wheels are plug and play.