Component URL fail

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Acestumacher, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

Hello all,

I,ve been trying to get my head around this for days, I set my server up, I,ve added a url link to the track in the package editor/creator, I am probably doing this wrong though? anyway when its set I run the dedi server and attempt to join it gives me the rfmod file, but fails to download the track and gives me this message,
    [​IMG]

Any ideas for an idiot like me:eek:

Cheers Stuart.

2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hi, as far as i can see, there is an url allready added into the original rfcmp file. What is the reason to add annother one? What url have you added?

3. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

Thank you for your answer Juergen,

I had added the actual track download link to the url in the mod properties when making the server package, this was wrong? so for a test i edited the package and left the url blank in mod properties, I then set the server running, then went to join my server, clicked the name in multiplayer, it then started downloading something, once finished it still said nothing was installed, I checked my package folder and it showed the track rfcmp file was installed, and the rfmod was installed, yet I still could not join, now I realize I am doing something wrong, just trying to understand the problem in simple terms, heres a picture of what mod properties looks like when making the rfmod.

[​IMG]

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Did you added the track as file to the rfmod file? As there is a download url in the track file itself, i guess its not necessary to do that. Just try to leave the track checkbox empty.

5. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

I have now left the track check box empty, started server, attempted to join again, this time it download the rfmod file fine and its showing in my packages folder, but is saying its missing the melbourne track although this is showing in my package folder its only showing as 50kb big, so its not downloaded properly?

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Did you passworded the server? If so, please try without password.

7. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

No password on the server Juergen

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Did you removed the 50 k file? If not, please remove this file from the package folder and try again...

What is the name of your server? I could try to join.

9. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

Juergen I have managed to get it working!!!!!!!!!,
    I,ve used Noel's get mod manager, after looking at it further more and tips from yourself I have understood that also, my server is called "F1SR League test 2" for now I,ve only set it to download the track, please do try to check its working for you and not just me!!!!

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Track and rfmod was downloading fine, car mod not.

11. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

I,ve set another server running at suzuka, this time I have created an rfmod, via Noel's "getmod manager" the rfmod contains the track and the cars, now I realise this is wrong as I just want people to get the missing components, what to do?

12. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Is there spaces in track name?

13. Woodee

Woodee Registered

you get my PM?