Completely new to rFactor 2, problems with Thrustmaster T300RS.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by diziet, May 23, 2015.

1. diziet

diziet Registered

Hiya,
    I've just downloaded the rFactor 2 demo and it doesn't seem to like the Thrustmaster T300RS. Here's what I've tried and poked around so far:

1) Auto detect.
    2) Thrustmaster T500 profile.
    3) Thrustmaster TX profile.

Auto detect doesn't work and the T500 and TX profiles have differing things wrong with them. It looks to me as though the T500 will be the easiest to fix but I have no idea how. So I have now done this:

1) Loaded the T500 profile.
    2) Hit auto detect.
    3) Hit save so it's saved it as Thrustmaster T300RS.

I've now found the JSON file containing the new controller "Thrustmaster T300RS Racing wheel.JSON" which is awesome, JSON is easier. However I don't know what to change in order to:

- Invert the pedals, definitely accelerator/throttle... potentially brake as well.
    - Invert the steering, maybe... not sure it seem's to be full lock left.
    - Possibly invert the FFB but I don't know yet as I can't do anything.

Thanks for any help/advice. I've tried search the forums but couldn't find any particular "do this then that" instructions.

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I wasn't aware that you had to change anything in the Json file. Anyway, hopefully someone will help you out. I'm not a 300 user myself.

3. diziet

diziet Registered

I don't know if you do, but it seemed like the place to look judging by the other T300 based posts on here. I couldn't see anything in the UI to adjust the settings and I cannot make any input configuration changes via the UI as it simply doesn't recognise them. I'm hoping someone with a T300 can weight in or the developers themselves?

4. Jamie Shorting

Well it is the weekend. Have you gone into the settings/controller page to see if you can assign your pedals and steering?

5. diziet

diziet Registered

Ah yes, I didn't quite mention that; it's what I meant by "I cannot make any input configuration changes via the UI". The inputs in game seem locked to extremes (e.g. full acceleration full left lock) but do not respond to any inputs, e.g. depressing the throttle doesn't change the full throttle response in the game. When trying to reconfigure the controls in settings/controller the inputs are not recognised. None of the inputs at all are recognised, e.g. pedals, steering wheel or any face buttons/hat switches. This is what makes it a bit weird. I got the impression from some posts on here and on youtube that people have it working with minor tweaks, but none of the posts have laid out what those tweaks are. To confirm this setup works fine in other titles with no tweaking, for example the new Dirt Rally on steam early access.

I'm in no rush, I just want to get the demo working before I spend my money. In that regard I'm so glad there is a demo available; as I've been wary of buying similar games (notably AC, which) without confirmation things will work. Thankfully on steam Codemasters confirmed the T300RS was supported.

I'm going to have time tomorrow to do some proper experimentation like tweaking the controls outside of the game with target or whatever it's called. I'll update this thread with instructions if I get it working.

Thank you for the additional questions; it all helps to clarify things.

6. Jamie Shorting

Yeah I figured you were on the demo. Very strange that they don't have a profile for that wheel since it's been out for awhile. There is probably users around here who have the wheel but getting them to post is a whole other matter. :p

7. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

rF2 has a profile for the the T300RS, cant understand why it is missing in the demo.

Try installing the attached file, after its unzip, in UserData/Controllers, then auto detect or load the profile.

Attached Files:

8. Jamie Shorting

It's missing in my controller file as well.

9. diziet

diziet Registered

Wonderful thank you so much all in working order now, apart from my driving skills of course!