competition structure questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Remco Majoor, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

So, for a long time there have been bits and pieces about the upcoming online competition structure that is in development. I've heard rumors and inside info here and there, but nothing really concrete about what this system actually will be. I am afraid that people expect it to be the one, but it's not at all that. So here I will simply ask a few questions that I have.

1- What is this system trying to do?
    Is it just like iracing, where there will be a race every 2 hours or so with the highest "SOF" being the race where you can get all the points? Or will it be more like a structure where there will be official leagues for example?

2- What kind of content will be used?
    Will it just be official content, or will high quality mods, be used as well?

3- How will races be monitored?
    Its quite debateable if systems iracing, or AC use for stuff like track cutting and accidents actually are fair or not. Will those races use an actual race steward, or will it all be automated? Other maybe can be a protest system.

4- What kind of rating systems will there be?
    I heard that there will not be an SR system like iracing has, but actually people will get race penalties. Is that true, or will there be more?

5- A pro series?
    Will there be a series where a driver can aim to go for? One where you can call yourself the best of rF2? A series that is the top of the top? And what kind of series would that be? A formula series (indycar in this case) or an endurance kind of thing? Or both perhaps?

There were just some questions I have, wich if it had answers will tell me a lot more on where this system is going. Also it can be a good food for thought and discussion here to see what peoples their opinions are on this matter.