Community Screenshots Thread (Unedited Screens Only)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 21, 2013.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

There are tracks which looks very good.

It is difficult to make really good screenshots without photomode.

Alex72 likes this.
  2. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I Think tracks just need more texture variations. Grass that has sort of 1 color/1 texture and is all green without random differences in color and texture makes it look very synthetic. R3E are masters at squeezing the most out of it as they put tire tracks roughing up the grass at many corners where cars cut or are pushed out often.

Juwe Lahann likes this.
  3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=top notch
    No need photomode, that's a cheap gimmick.

Agree but RR started showing its age lately imo.

4. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Comfortable and functional camera movement, fov, focal length, sensor size, DOF, exposure and more settings helps a great deal in making proper screenshots.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I dont care, also I didnt mean that regarding screen shots. I said how the track looks, didnt specify an environment, only said what it shows about the game. Screen shots dont tell the real history with their fake effects so I dont care much about them. Photomode with all this stuff only helps to fool people ;)

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

But screenshots are one of the ways how the visual quality is perceived. In my personal opinion rFactor 2 is weaker in static image, but when you move around in real time rFactor 2 looks very impressive in some occasions. A lot depends on quality of the tracks. Some are very average, and some are very good. For example in Oulton Park after "Oils corner" I often get "GTsport vibe". A lot of other tracks are well done, and is very immersive in real time, but in stills it is not that impressive. Perhaps because in stills you are prone to spot more details, while in real time lighting dynamics and shading makes greater impression and less if the textures are AAA quality (super important) and all lines are perfect. The tools which I listed none are fake effects and are fundamental photography things, no doubt they are important to present an image in it's best way. And in my opinion rF2 cars relatively has more to improve than tracks, it is just that tracks are bigger in size and quantity. Also very important is a windshield of a car, you look at the track through it.

If you have a track being unattractive in rF2 it is usually because model is not great. In real time, at least, rF2 tracks can look pretty awesome.

Alex72 likes this.
  8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

We gotta agree to disagree.

9. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Well, help me the fuck out :D

10. Stevy

Stevy Registered

funny and interesting to see that people already figured out the templates and skins for the new GT3s, while the developers them self don't do shit :D Keep up the good work people!

Edit: Reminds me of Assetto Corsa, where the developer said weather and day/night is no possible with the engine, and now look at the sol mod.

M D Gourley likes this.
  11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Well they are writting a tutorial to make people use it correctly, of course curious people would find out how it's done before they released it.
    On the AC case just because modders made stuff with shaders and some sort of injection doesn't mean it's possible/stable on the game engine level. Especially when we talk about online racing, what stops people from turning off the sol mod and drive a 24h race in full day or a wet race in the dry? All they need to do is not be too fast so people wont find out ;)

philmcqueen likes this.
  12. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Hopefully you know this is nonsense. Everyone can paint skins simply by editing a DDS. No template needed. But for real skinning you need proper official templates with all the details and settings. More importantly for the new GT3 you need a lot of additional stuff to make correct use of the new shaders and creat quality skins. But this is not yet disclosed and S397 already said they will publish everything as soon as the proper documentation is ready. Yes, one can argue that the order of disclosing things is kinda wired, but honestly I believe it doesn't matter because people will always complaint not matter what reason. This is were we all start getting a stereotype like German complaining mentality.

13. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The sol mod doesn’t do the full weather though. Just effects.

14. Stevy

Stevy Registered

I don't know where you come from or what you do for a living, but "just" documentation shouldn't take weeks. And Templates too.

15. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

I do documentation for living :p:D It's never “just“ documentation, and I guess I know what I'm talking about. :cool:

F1Aussie and AMillward like this.
  16. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    juanchioooo and AMillward like this.
  17. AMillward

AMillward Registered

18. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Shades of Green seem to be popular at the moment!

20. philmcqueen

philmcqueen Registered

Don´t miss it this week-end !
    Skin by Dj Noise and track available on ISR

Ford_GT_00048.png

Ford_GT_00049.png

Ford_GT_00050.png

Ford_GT_00051.png

Ford_GT_00052.png

Ford_GT_00053.png

Ford_GT_00054.png