Command Line/API queries

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by hariseldon, Apr 13, 2014.

1. hariseldon

hariseldon Registered

No luck in the main forum, hoping to get somewhere in the technical one.

I'm presently looking into developing an application which would sit in the background and act upon receiving requests from the web browser (ie JSON requests with some key info to a specified URL along the lines of http://localhost:8372/fetchMod.pdo?id=4947). The application would be sat on the user's computer and would hopefully launch either the Mod Manager or the Multiplayer client with some command line parameters. However I have no idea where the documentation is in terms of whether one can do what I want to do. If anyone has either direct answers or links to relevant documentation that would be appreciated:

- Can I fetch laptimes, collisions, etc from a running session?
    - Can I have Mod Manager automatically install a mod at a location I pass? [note, this needs to be via a command line - ie something like ModMgr.exe -install C:/Downloads/Mod1.rfcmp]
    - Can I launch the client in multiplayer and have it go automatically to a specified server? [ie rFactor2.exe -u hariseldon -p mypassword -s myserver.com -port 3984 -serverpw keepthemoronsout]
    - Is there a list anywhere of command line parameters for the various applications in RFactor2?

Thanks in advance.

2. dandar

dandar Registered

3. hariseldon

hariseldon Registered

Dandar, the lack of technical response and realising that I should probably have posted it here led to me posting this thread. Bit frustrated too tbh as it seems documentation is very well hidden and finding suitable expertise in RF2 is quite a challenge.

4. dandar

dandar Registered

I know what you mean and I share your point of view, anyhow don't expec anything from a beta testing stage. ISI will give us what we need once this development phase is concluded ... near 2025 :D