Collisions and Deformations (Build 134)

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by MaD_King, Jan 2, 2013.

1. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I started to test the collision on cars (Single Player and Online) on my own cars and I notice some things where I need confirmation.

So my car is gets the same damage values as in rF1 and the .gen and .GMT are identical as in rF1.

+ There is no feelers used in the HDV.
    + The damage is managed by a dedicated collision GMT with the good properties in the .gen
    + The collision are working cleanly when checking the contact points linked to my collision GMT (Good job on this, better than rF1)

So after some test, I notice in Single Player a better behaviour in the management of the collisions but I have no deformation !!
    When I loose a part of my car, now It's harder to detach a part with the same values of rF1.
    In Online, it's less accurate, but the behaviour seems to be equivalent.
    I have no INVULNERABILITY option active in game and online (blocked by server).

Same results in Mod Dev.

So my questions:

1/ Is the deformations active in the build 134, and if yes is there option to put in rF2 to get them working (in GMT properties ? in .gen lines ?)
    I tested with adding Deformable=True in the concerned GMT lines of the .gen but not effect.

2/ Is the damage sensibility is changed ? Or the less sensible damage with same values as rF1 is linked to the fact I have no deformation active on cars?

3/ When deformations will be active, is the Collision object is deforming in the same way the visible 3D objects of the car? (is to know if the next contact in the same region will be managed with the good updated distance or not)

Thank you in advance for you help.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2013
  2. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

The damage overall isnt really fully implented yet. I would wait on that to make it to what we want.

3. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Yes I think too the same but I would like to have a confirmation from ISI on what is plugged or not at this time, because in the early builds it was not good, and now seems to be better. This is also to plan the sectors I need to do in priority when we will have the GO with the gold :) and evaluate the work load to plan (my time is not unlimited on modding :) )

4. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Yeah, i hope to it can be sorted out. I guess Tim will be helpfull there more.

5. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Bump, can ISI answer to this? Thank you.