Collision in online is very bad managed. Why, normal, not implemented in the beta?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by MaD_King, Jan 13, 2012.

1. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Hello, I think there is missing a section on the Problem repport problem, Online is not listed as sub category of this forum, so I create a subject here.

In rFactor 1, the network and the collision on track was fine and allow close contact, and acceptable damage management.

In rFactor 2 Beta, we note, each online contact is followed by a catastrophic reaction between cars. And for me it's a HUGE regression from rFactor 1.

Is it identified at ISI side?, what are the way to improvement or root cause of this?.
    - Need to have parameters on the connection client part in Multiplayer.ini?
    - The current Beta collision detection is not in place?
    - Is representative of the improvement of the collision and network of rFactor 2 (If yes, this is a major blocking change to switch to rFactor2 for online championship races).

The status is very bad on this point on the first beta and huge worse from rFactor that was excellent on this point.

I read on the forum this was an improvement between rF1 and rF2, at this current stage, it's a catastrophic degradation, and the online is not ready for serious online race (It's not the aim of the Beta, yes, but it's the moment to report this kind of issue I think).

2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Known issue. Collisions and collision detection are a bit rudimentary at the moment, and it needs to be refined during the beta period.

3. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

thanks for the quick answer.