Cockpit sounds with headphones - wind

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by sg333, May 23, 2012.

1. sg333

sg333 Registered

I use a pair of headphones to drive, and ive noticed while im driving in cockpit that there's a whooshing, wind/air movement sound thats almost overwhelming the other sounds. From in the cockpit this should not be heard. Also it just gives me a headache :(.

The Megane is what I mostly drive, im not sure about the other cars. I'm using a pair of Sennheiser headphones but really any decent headphones should give you a good example of it.

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Maybe wind effect volume is calibrated for speakers, not headphones ;)
    However it is not true that you shouldn't hear this noise - IRL you can easily.

3. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Interesting question. Do we want to hear sounds purely as is, or hear sounds through imaginary full face helmet and ear plugs?

4. sg333

sg333 Registered

In an open wheeler maybe you can/should hear some wind effect, but not as loud as i can hear with headphones while sitting in a screaming Megane.

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Sennheiser here too. Dont notice much wind. Maybe change sound settings to your preferences?

6. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

These sounds should be able to disable or lower the volume if the player wants. I enjoy good physical and graphics, but the sound of the air is irrelevant for me, and more when you play without make too much noise or with headphones. Only motor and tyres without roadnoise is awesome. :rolleyes: