Cobra easier to drive than Skippy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lgel, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I feel that the Cobra with competition tires is easier to drive than the Skippy, not a criticism at all, I ask no change to any of the two cars.
    The base setup of the Cobra is really excellent, and the car is very forgiving as long as you control your right foot (not easy to drive very fast).
    I know the Skippy is a school car designed to punish strongly driver errrors.
    What is your opinion?

Cheers.

2. msportdan

msportdan Banned

yeah I agree, I had massive sideways fun at AMP with the cobra. But I think theres one thing the skippy hasn't got that the cobra as..

Contact patch model. This imo makes cars a little more easier/fun/forgiving to drive. By all means this isn't a bad thing, I think it makes them, if anything more realistic. I would like to see the skip with cpm as that car is fun but you have to have a very rubbered in track and very warm tyres to get the fun out of that car. Im sure that's how the skippy is irl, but maybe its too critical in rf2, and in real life you have much more senses telling you what the car is doing. In rf2 (any sim) its just the limited wheel ffb. So I think the cpm makes everything a little less critical.

if that makes sense

3. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I think it is the way it should be, Cobra is difficult to drive, but skippy, as you said, is specifically designed to punish unproper driving, where Cobra wants you to be unproper, or more accuratelly, Cobra makes your proper input to come out as unproper output, so they are both difficult, but for differend reasons in differend ways