clutch

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Livebrain, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Livebrain

Livebrain Registered

has anyone noticed that f1 (thats the only one i play ;P ) does a wining noise when shifting when we have the clutch fully pressed ?

example:

full throtle > brake > press 100% clutch > engage gear (and with the cluth fully pressed we hear the engine revving).
    If i have the clutch fully pressed it shouldnt do that winding noise, only when we release the clutch right ?

one question to the ISI guys.
    are you going to do something to the clutch ? or are you going to leave it like it is now, i mean even if we miss or not use it the gear always engages.

in rfactor1 theres a plugin called grindingtranny that "simulates" the mishift and drops the gear to neutral. Someting like like would be great if it were native in rfactor. leave it as an option (clutch: simulate or same as rfactor1, or something like that)

2. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

I love that mod, too bad it requires quite a lot of fiddling about to get working properly on many cars, and you can't adjust settings on a car by car basis (like with RealFeel). I'm firmly of the opinion that it should come as standard, and be considered a driving aid. So clutch aid would have three stages like most other aids: Auto clutch -> manual with no miss-shifts -> pure manual.

3. elbo

elbo Registered

Completely agree. I think implementing this sort of thing should be done by ISI before putting energy into bringing tracks and cars to the game. The mod community has shown in RF1 that they can produce car and track mods of high quality and to everyone's liking...ISI needs to concentrate on the 'core' aspects like transmission, damage, optimizing graphics (I still get horrendous stutters), ect..