Clubsport V1 pedals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saabjock, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

I have fanatec v1s. The hall sensors originally had cables soldered(by a monkey) and in all probability the cables are probably down to a few strands of wire with the rest broken and giving intermittent contact at the solder joints. If you are good at soldering you can repair it by baring some of the wire and resoldering but it will happen again. You should also be able to buy new hall sensors from fanatec. They have now changed the design so that there is a plug for the cable which is better. The cable routing is a bit poor and over time the cables can wear out. I improved this by making a small stand off and cable tie the sensor wire to it so the cable no longer wraps around the pivot point of the pedal and is subjected to less movement. Hope this helps.

2. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Thanks for the reply Murtaya.
    I'll definitely take a look at that tomorrow when I have a bit of free time.
    I sent a letter off to Fanatec back on 11/18/2013 asking if I could purchase replacement sensors.
    I haven't yet gotten a response other than the auto notification verifying receipt of my e-mail.
    I'd be happy if that's all it is, as I'm fairly skilled with a soldering iron.
    I wish the North American site had more in the way of replacement parts.
    With the exception of accessories (color kits, etc...) the only sensor listed is the load cell.