Cloudy weather.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sofo, May 25, 2013.

1. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Off topic, (although not sure that is a bad thing) since this is the only thread I've seen about clouds and I like having clouds set, I notice a lot of instant pop-in or draw in of clouds. I use a 65" projected image and it is very noticeable when driving an open wheeler at Sepang. Graphics are either High or Full and getting very good FPS, avg 80+. They also seem to move across the sky too quickly.

I hope ISI will improve this as I haven't seen any changes in this behavior in the past year. More random/dynamic cloud behavior would be nice if possible, e.g. if I set the same time-of-day and same cloud saturation I see the same exact cloud formations roll through Sepang.

2. wollo

wollo Registered

just pulling this slightly more off topic then, what's with all the other pop up, everything except opponent detail is maxed, frame rates are high but there is still a lot of pop up visible. I'm mainly talking about Monaco and Spa. Only because I've only noticed it there, could be other tracks though.

3. tjc

tjc Registered

On the pop in clouds/skies I too have noticed this for several builds now and mentioned it in a thread somewhere to Tim...

I`ve also noticed the pop up of buildings and flashing textures at other tracks too.

(Another thing I`m sure Tim/ISI are aware of...)

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Are you in the right session? For example if you script the weather for qualifying or race, but are in the practice session before them?

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yes it does work. Are you giving it time in the session? For example if you select the weather for the middle option to be different, are you waiting until 50% (the middle) of the session for the change to actually happen?

We do have moving clouds.

It occludes the sun behind things.