Closing threads

Discussion in 'Forum Problems' started by redapg, Jun 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redapg

redapg Registered

@Tim:
    Sorry again, but do you think that closing threads ( in this case i mean THIS and THIS), that may be uncomfortable for you, is the right way to tread your customers?

I thought this would be a forum where things can be discussed, seems as i was wrong.

[​IMG]

And i have to add that statements like this:

are very different from that what i would expect from a person with your position.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It is the end of that discussion, which is why the thread was closed (same with this one). I'm not a person that is interested in the whining that a few people have been doing on this topic, about a forum that they are a guest to. This is our forum, it doesn't belong to any particular rF user and as a guest here, they effectively live under our roof where we may make changes from time to time.

Why do I describe it as whining? That is based on how some people have posted, not everyone. It is also based on what has actually changed. Something that, frankly, is a fairly typical internet response to change - and something I'm going to treat as one (a fairly typical internet reaction to change).

The RogSys forum is a part of the ISI forums. If that is not something that a person can accept, then they do need to stop visiting them or use one of the options I kindly listed for them.

I'm sorry that my brutal honesty is something you do not expect from someone in my position. I can only assume that disrupting our business to please an individual on a forum is something you'd expect me to give more time to. That assumption would be wrong. I would much rather give my time to individuals not doing that, such as to provide them with additional ways to filter posts.

When my three year old daughter whines about something instead of looking for a solution, I do the same kind of things and shut down the whining in the hope that she'll show an intelligent and useful way to work around the problem she faces. If not, she'll stop whining and ask for a solution or help. This is something that I am perhaps crazy to expect from the adults using the internet, but I do live in hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.