Clio Set Up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by worthy1066, Jul 15, 2012.

1. worthy1066

worthy1066 Registered

Hi Guys,

Absolutely loving the Clio's ,but just cant seem to get out of low 1:20's on Loop C on default settings. I have seen some times in the 17's online and I know there's more to be had from this little devil......any tips lads

cheers in advance

2. flitzi

flitzi Registered

you can run 1:17 or even 1:16 with the default set, just take some fuel out. There is not much you can do setup wise with the clio anyway.
    Maybe try playing around with the tire camber and diff preload. I think I like preload at 2 and a little more camber.

3. ROON

ROON Registered

First things first, you'll want to take a lot of fuel out, this will reduce your lap times drastically. Secondly, I find the default brake bias absolutely undriveable. If I recall correctly it's around 70-30. I bring mine down to at least 65-35 for most dry conditions, and adjust it from in the car depending on how the circuit and weather evolves. Apart from that, I just set the ride height on both the front and rear to minimum.

Truth be told, I think the beauty of these cars is that there is no such thing as a great setup. They're very simple, most of the settings are locked in and can't be changed. The real fast times are found by the drivers who are attuned to the circuit and feel comfortable enough to push the limits of it. I think if you just fix up the brake bias you'll be ready to go racing. :)

4. worthy1066

worthy1066 Registered

Guys ,

Thanks a lot .....I managed to get down to 1:19's last night before your posts so will give it a go.I was thinking of putting a change to the back camber to give it a bit more stability in the corner and reduce the ride height ,but since I have'nt played with tuning alot I'll need a good test session.

Thanks

5. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Detach the front rollbar. My laptimes improved immediately a second or so. I think PB is about 1:16,3xx. Increases grip and also doesn't tip over so easily and therefore you can cut corners more aggressively.

6. worthy1066

worthy1066 Registered

As Cartman says.........." I Love you Guys" . Now this is why I love this community

7. Chris English

Chris English Registered

As above really. My setup seems to work on all tracks:

Fuel out (usually need about 9 or 10l for most servers)
    Ride height to minimum front and rear
    front camber: -3.2
    rear camber: -3.5
    preload: 3
    Caster: 7

I tend to adjust the brake bias from the cockpit while driving as I find different tracks need different settings. Mills I find 72:28 works on default pressure (90% I think), but Mid Ohio (on ISR server) I was running 66:34 with 85% pressure. Of course braking performance does depend on the amount of rubber on the track - if Mid Ohio was properly rubbered in then 90% would probably have worked. :)