clio rattle/crackleing sound

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by Jize, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Jize

Jize Registered

hey people,
    as it says in the title, where does this come from? i thought it was the tc but this sound comes also with tc off (i think)...

2. Diablo

Diablo Registered

I for one don´t know, what you are talking about.

3. Ducatiguy

Ducatiguy Registered

Are you talking about the sound when hitting the rev limiter?

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ya probably the limiter, makes the same sound as the tc unfortunately, the tc shouldn't make this same sound, ISI start working on a sound engine dammit, current one is honestly like 1998 tech

5. gagipro

gagipro Registered

+1 most horrible sound I heard since years !!!

6. Diablo

Diablo Registered

If you really are talking about the limiter, there is a simple solution: Don´t run into it. ;)

And a TC can make the same or a similar noise as the limiter, depends on how both are implemented. Back when Formula 1 still had TC allowed almost all teams used an ignition based system, injecting misfires to cut the power, which made a horrible noise, had one think of a damaged engine. A fast acting rev limiter can also be implemented with this kind of electronics. Since engineers tend to reuse devices or procedures already in place, they might as well use the TC electronics for the limiter or vice versa. A good example is the pit speed limiter of those days, which did exactly that.
    FWIW, only Renault used a throttle based system, which left the ignition alone and acted on the throttle, thus did not cause such noise, because it basically mimicked what a driver would do to prevent/reduce wheel slippage.

7. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Maybe he's talking about the horrid noise at starts

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ya maybe he's talking about that, the distortion, ISI knows about this. Maybe they are trying somethin with the sound engine on that car?

9. datanode

datanode Registered

I have to agree the feeling at the start of a clio cup race with the sound of the distortion is pretty nasty

10. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

If it's the saturated sound due to lot of Clios at the same place, lowering the opponents volumes in audio settings helped like suggested by...sorry, no offence, can't remember who talked about this. ISI already said that will be fixed in the next Clio update. If it's the Rev limiter, them, I agree that this sound seems kind of exaggerate, and I avoid hitting the rev limiter just for this sound ;)

11. Joshburdon

Joshburdon Registered

If it's the sound I think your talking about, try turning off Traction/Stability Control.