Clio mod not in mod manager list; "failed to verify"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Navigator, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

To do a Vmod update, I had to uninstall some tracks and in order to do that, I had to uninstall some mods.....
    Now I got the Clio mod uninstalled too, and now I don't get it back; it doesn't show up in the manager.

So I uninstalled all, removed all from the packages folder and started all over again.
    Still the Clio mod doesn't show up anymore and when I go to advanced in the launcher, it just says that the mod was not verified and was removed from the inventory.

I redownloaded the clio mod, but still it isn't there.

What do I have to do?
    I need it for a vmod I'm racing with online and really would like to race some, but I'm busy for a while now and it just isn't going to work!

Why this system, why so difficult and why so complicated??
    It has been mentioned before, but it's all still the same; you make one small adjustment and you are just unable to get the game right ever again it seems now.

2. MJP

MJP Registered

By 'the Clio mod' I assume you mean the ISI one released last friday and not some VMOD based upon it (or the leaked beta version).

As for the Clio mod not showing in your packages folder, only things I can think of are you've a bad download

File: ISI1053-v10-RenaultClioCup.rfmod - 338 MB (355,235,641 bytes)
    CRC-32: 7bbc8ca6
    MD5: bc5b5ee5bcbd201bd877bd39fe96094b
    SHA-1: a2f52f97457a8c141ae113f71d2cac5528159fd8

Or somehow the Clio's MFT file is corrupted, check the Manifest folder to see if there's a file called 'renault clio cup_10.mft'. If so could try deleting that and see if the Clio mod appears in Mod Manager.

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well, I started the manager from the core folder and there I was able to install it......
    But it doesn't show up still when I go there the normal (launcher) way.

Also I am unable to install the vmod I like, because now, there are no TMT TYRES........

And indeed, I was talking about the normal ISI mod of the Clio. Downloaded it again and still the same.......

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

last time I had problem with TMT TYRES, I reinstalled whole game, not forgetting to delete everything at program files, but keeping a copy of Packages, so I didnt have to download everything again...

(MJP knows tons about this than I though)

5. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

wim i had this problem with build 85 were certain mods like tmt tires and commentary where not present. I think you mentioned this but to fix the issue i fully uninstalled rfactor saved my controller file, .plr and setups deleted the rfactor folder and reinstalled it and that worked for me...

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Man.......this is not a healthy situation......really..........

They can say it's a Beta, but in order to test a beta, you have to be able to PLAY it......and this problem is known for a while.

Now I started to do things in "the other" manager and round it of with the original one; now the game don't start anymore!

Crap......I start to get p*ssed more by the minute!!

ONE small adjustment and busy for hours without having sight on actually playing the game in the near future!!

Thanks, think I just have to reïnstall the game once more...... :(

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

whats one more to eternity...

8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

That's true, but you can see that this is frustrating as h*ll right? Just want to play the game........now this.

9. MJP

MJP Registered

I can't seem to recreate your problem, can't quite see how running Mod Manager from Core shows the Clio mod and running it from launcher doesn't, I assume the mod path is correctly set in Mod Manager?

Running Mod Manager from Core isn't a good idea because it will install mods to Core!

Did you let rF2 install to the default folders or did you choose your own folders?
    Have you moved folders around or created any like say 'packages'? << not a good idea will more than likely break your install.

1 person likes this.
  10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Haven't done any of that, just to avoid problems like this; it's all original......

Reïnstalling right now, hope this works, otherwise a loss of money, but I will quit the game then; don't want to get upset all the time.

11. Navigator

Navigator Registered

WOW.....this is just SO wrong!!
    Now EVERYTHING has failed to verify!!

Complete clean install, removed the folders too.
    Hopefully ISI can do anything, because this can't be happening......

I can do nothing now; this aint right.
    Ow, come ON!!

I'm going to bed now, it's 00:40 and been busy from 20:00.........I'm about to throw the damn system out of the window.

12. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I'm willing to bet it was not a complete clean install and from reading the first post, it really sounds like user error.

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

seems so...logicall if ur frustrated, happens to me too...

14. MJP

MJP Registered

I was going to say make sure you delete all the folders because the uninstaller only deletes the stuff it installed. Any ISI MODS/VMODS/Tracks etc. you've installed afterwards don't get uninstalled by the rF2 uninstaller.

I'd just try installing 1 mod after a clean install say the 60's or meganes and check to see if that's ok before charging in and installing and updating every mod/track.

15. Navigator

Navigator Registered

@ budhatree, sorry, but it was a clean install.....why would I say that if not?
    Human error; dont know how, but cant fix it though......

Sorry to say, but I'm looking for a solition and saying I lie and make errors, just doesn't make me happier......

16. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

No I'm not saying your lying. I think maybe you don't know what full clean install means.

Did you delete the rFactor2 folder in Documents? That's very important.

If you just uninstall game and delete Program Files folder, but leave the folder in Documents, then you lose "all cars and tracks" and it doesn't get reinstalled, then everything fails.

That ^ is where I think user error occurred that caused game not to function.

17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'm also thinking you didn't remove the installed folder from the data directory, etc. Literally uninstall, save the rfmod and rfcmp files, and delete everything else except those rfmod and rfcmp files, and the .rFactor2 appdata dir, that's a clean install.

18. Navigator

Navigator Registered

@ Buddhatree, Okay, I'm a bit grumpy right now so I took it wrong.

But I did do that; the folder in program files was gone by uninstall, I took the folder in documents out myself.

@ Tim, the data directory you mean the documents folder right?

19. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Now I don't know anymore; did again a full and complete reïnstall, just put the mods in there (original ISI only) and there is NO mod in the manager; just the tracks which I DIDN'T put in there.......

Does this have to do with the other manager I used? (the one in the core in program files?)

20. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

And you are sure the Mod Manager is pointing to the correct folder? That sounds like it's pointing to the wrong folder.

And if it's showing tracks, "show mods" is unchecked.