Civic with FPS terrible drops in any track offiline/online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PedroM, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Domi

Domi Registered

I don't find the Civic much better visually than other cars, to justify a reduction of frame rate of about 25-30% ...

Also, nobody is going to play with the current content in 2020, sorry. In that case (which I strongly doubt, but well) people will use new stuff. I don't see anyone playing with stock content in rF1...

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

oh yeah fair enough you need to make them last longer, just wondering if a lower res skinset could be used alongside the "normal" skinset so people have a choice to bump down the cars a bit more to make them work on current machines better, then they can use the "normal" one once they've upgraded and/or ISI have improved optimisation generally to help.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Different argument altogether as ISI are releasing much more stock content with Official licenses (read Real cars!) so more people will be using them, IIRC rf1s stock content was made up cars which were always going to die a death!

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Reduce your settings and it will not be doing that to your framerate.

A comparison between the rF1 and rF2 stock content doesn't really make much sense in terms of comparison. Perhaps you can explain why you see them to be similar.

5. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I have modified the list a bit. Added the size of the gmt (the 3d model, max lod) for the car body and the size of the unique textures for each car (can be found in the teams mas).

Civic GMT= 4578KB Skin=5.33MB - 17.36MB
    370z GMT= 1011KB Skin=6.00MB (car body + windshield)
    Howston GMT= 1486KB Skin=5.33MB
    Brabham GMT= 812KB (should add carbody, exhaust, engine, suspension) Skin=5.33MB
    Megane GMT= 2039KB Skin=5.33MB - 10.1MB(Car#1,helmet,windows)
    Corvette GMT= 1499KB Skin=5.33MB

I have to say I really like the high res car models. It should be easy to enhance the performance by reducing the opponent detail in the settings menu but the lower lods look a bit strange.
    Anyway, on a track with less details (Sebring) I can run 29 AI cars with good fps and for the first time I noticed that my GPU doesn't run at 99% because of the CPU load.

6. 88mphTim

Oh, yeah, sure. People could also avoid the RAFBF, Pirtek and Yuasa cars to get probably better frames and stuff as well (which I wonder if your FPS list took into account - where those guys were in your test). As those cars use more skins, the Yuasa especially.

7. Domi

Domi Registered

They also released some official content like BMW F1, but current reality is that people use F1 rft mods, or the classics mods imported from Codemaster games, and MMG/CTDP mods few years ago...

8. Domi

Domi Registered

Which is what everybody does, we are not that dumb. But you know, we AMD users want to play a game with decent visuals and framerate, not just one thing or the other (and sometimes not even one of them). Last time I did an online race with the Civic I had already almost everything on low-mid, no hdr, no interesting AA, etc, and the framerate at the start of the race with 20 cars was close to pathetic.

About the comparison, read above with the BMW F1 in rF1.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yep see the thread in the Wish List forum ;) thanks for the extra info, I've just done another test, see below...

Ok only loaded Pirtek & Yuasa cars and the FPS dropped to 47 on the Grid same settings as before.

10. 88mphTim

I still don't see a real relation to rFactor 2 there. You're saying what happened with rF1, which I see as being quite different. If we stopped producing content, as we did with rF1, then I could see a comparison and similar reaction with rF2. When we make a 2014 spec GP car, are you still expecting people not to run ours?

Additionally, CTDP made the BMW. I'd suggest ISI actually meant for rF1 to develop how it did.... http://www.ctdpworld.org/bmw07.html

11. 88mphTim

The ATI/AMD issue is it's own issue. It is the expectation to have the new cars have the same FPS as the older cars, or that we would create cars with specifications out of date as scratch builds in 2014, that is not going to be correct.

12. 88mphTim

That doesn't sound like avoiding them, it sounds like hoarding them. ;)

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

haha yeah all done for the purpose of testing, without those cars so just the RAF and Tordoffs car the FPS is still 55.

14. 88mphTim

RAF still use window skins, but I would have expected you to gain a little bit without the BTCC guys. Guess not.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah strange that I did'nt, still most of my settings are on High so I know I can lower them to get those FPS high enough to be worthy. Again I have no issue with it I was just curious mainly at how much FPS loss there actually was.....it did scare me at first though I must admit :p

16. Domi

Domi Registered

It doesn't really matter who made the mod, that's not my point. My point is that people doesn't keep using the same content for 7 years, in 2020 nobody will care how does the Civic look. Probably because nobody will play it (considering that rF2 is still alive in 2020, which is quite a big if).

No it's not, because if the framerate was already bad, now with this content it's even worse. I don't expect the new cars to have the same FPS as the older ones (if they are really better), I just expect the game to run properly (by properly I mean a decent visuals-performance ratio) in proper computers. I don't expect to play with everything maxed out, but at least to play like in similar conditions to modern games... If the performance was sorted out, this performance loss wouldn't matter at all, but in the current circumstances is quite a problem.

17. 88mphTim

Nobody said about the Civic being used in 2020 though.

There is no advice I have to give except that already given in order to raise FPS, which is to reduce settings.

18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I shall tell to you what you see from you rig, you see mirages.
    Assetto Corsa is early beta, single car game, no ai, heavy input lag, no multiview, no online play, 100 fps etc.

Grow up,dont waste time to Tim and other ISI staf to nonsense like this.
    If you are not happy with rFactor2 do what MarcG writes:

"Bitching and whining about it is going to make NO difference whatsoever as we've already learnt that ISI work at their own pace and work on what they want as
    it's THEIR game....if you guys cant handle that then disappear for a year or two then come back and see how things are, no-ones forcing you to play this game!"

19. Domi

Domi Registered

You can add AI cars (with broken stupid AI, but good to check framerate) in AC.

20. Domi

Domi Registered

Sure, but what people wants to listen instead is that ISI is looking at this, and working to improve the AMD problem, sadly there is no statement at all even when some users are so desesperate that they have to tell others to contact AMD.