Christmas Message And Song For SimRacers!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul McC, Dec 24, 2022.

1. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Im posting this on all the simracing forums social media sites I use regularly, because we're all a community!
    Its a post I made for my channel but I can't copy the link so its a copy and paste job. Anyway, Merry Freaking Crimbo all!

"Well, its been a pretty poor lead up to Christmas for me. I've been experiencing horrible PC issues which have prevented me for making alot of videos and restricted the livestreams and racing servers I could run, but i've still been able to knock out the odd one or two.

This last week has been the worst with things getting really bad, to the point of having to make an emergency call to my computer company over what I though was failed ram & SSD. 1 second tasks have been taking up to 45 minutes.

Yesterday I got the best Christmas present ever that money can't buy! During a phone call to a friend we where discussing it all and bouncing ideas around and we ended up in bios hunting around trying to see if we could find anything in there. Long story short. Two settings, one of them being in direct conflict with a setting I'd changed in windows but, had'nt realised it needed to match in bios. Result. PC now running even better than it did when I bought it brand new two years ago (as I was able to add the extra ram back in it did'nt have when it was new).

Yesterday was the best day ever! Spent the whole day enjoying my Crimbo pressies from S397. The new Porsche is just sublime! The Astra is definately my favorite FWD BTCC car, got Monza on sale and its beautiful! And the whole day swapping between all my favorite sims with no problems, crashes, read write errors, and my VR is even back to working as it should. I also saw Phil at Sim Racing Bible was running a livestreamed server in AMS2 so I joined that and had an awsome time as he was running some of my favorite tracks and cars, it was just lovely!

So I just wanted to say Merry Christmas everyone! Be very thankful for what we've got! Cheers to all the Devs for the awsome racing we've had this year! To: S397, Kunos, Bugbear, BeamNG, Reiza, KW Studios, Iracing, and all those past and gone but still fondly remembered! All the modders, The content Creators, The players, the servers, the sites. All of you who've joined my own servers and given me a great year of racing! MERRY FREAKING CHRISTMAS!

Due to PC issues (thank Santa they're now solved!) I've not had time to run a stream or make a video, hopefully between now and the new year I can do one with my now healthy PC. So for all my subscribers and sim racing mates out there. Heres a Christmas song I wrote a couple of years ago specifically about Simracing, but with a Christmas twist based on another very famous Christmas song im sure you'll all know. Much Luv, Merry Christmas!
    "

DJCruicky, MikeV710 and davehenrie like this.