Chris Haye Just Suggested to Look For New Genre Name

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mantasisg, May 29, 2019.

1. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Guy who can't say a word because of Paul is Chris :)

Sean_S36 likes this.
  2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thats just wrong. I know modders in AC would use official shaders because they are lazy to be creative and learn how the shaders actually work and too afraid to be creative.... You just can not force an artist, if I would simply be forced to use the grass look of for example Sebring or Silverstone at Goodwood or my other track, then I would not be happy.

True about their own content not being consistent, just mentioned Sebring and Silverstone, an example is good enough, how one is great and other is mediocore. Thats apparently because there was no lead 3D artist or he was too busy. If there were a leading 3D artist, then he would push others harder, and at the end would polish up things himself.

Your idea that rF2 has a bad fame and need to be cut off for that reason is wrong in my opinion. Simracers aren't that dumb, or are they ? rF2 just looks fine already, not awesome in replay, no real good photo mode, but what matters the most it looks great realtime. Surely there are worse content, and for some reason it is not kept a bit less public, for example in Facebook on the header of the rF2 page you can see Aston Martin at Silverstone, thats just two examples of bad modeling in one very public place, terrible washed out desaturated grass of silverstone and dull shaders + absolutely bad looking and inaccurate to reality rimblur effect of Aston... way to present yourself, I guess. I have done some nice screenshots of rF2, it is possible, I saw some others managing to do really nice screenshots.

And as for hype. The worst thing ever. I've been in AC. Hype spoils communities. Makes you stop carrying about what you have, all you care is about to what you'll get next. Hype kills the actual content and makes artists depressed, because after long hype when people get something they don't spend that much focus actually getting to know the stuff, and discover all of it, just barely scratches the surface and goes gimme more mode.

Korva7 likes this.
  3. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

@mantasisg idk i don't care much about tracks until they have good road textures.
    But personally i can't understand why s397 cant make accurate car models from outside and from inside. Licensed cars!
    And, well i am still new user, i dont understand why they are supporting old mods. Looking at steam workshop i see authors of many mods don't care at all about updates.
    Even some payed moders don't care about new tyre model and so on.

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes, no one cares about old stuff lol lul wut who needs it

Though hopefully everything gets updated improved. And be made as best as possible from the first shot. At least in ideal world.