Changing to STEAM early buyers should get 6 months online access for free

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GauchoRS, Nov 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

You can and should but there's no reason not to think of them for rFactor2 instead of yet another product.

2. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

You're thinking about the future and that's okay. But ISI isn't even done completing rf2 yet. Also, rF2 has not been exposed to the entire market yet. Hence the introduction to Steam. You're thinking about playing a game, but also consider how the game is made. Time, of course, but also MONEY. It takes a lot of money to do this work. The computers, the software, the wages, insurance benefits to employees, rents, liabilities to other 3rd parties, etc. To start development of a new sim costs a lot.

rf2 still has more to offer. ISI is not done yet. When they have enough data they can start a new project. More importantly, when rf2 has reached full market saturation (sales), and ISI has raised enough money (capital), then development of new sim can begin.

You get what I'm saying here? We all would love rf3 but it wouldn't make sense to start that when rf2 isn't complete yet.

3. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

When you migrate to Steam anything other than lifetime goes away, correct? Again, I don't plan on racing online because I am terrible. For your amusement, I'm running the Eve and Spark F3s at Longford. AI strength 73, AI aggression 4, AI Limiter 0. They run about two seconds faster each lap than I do. My best time is 2:51. At 100%, they are 20 seconds faster per lap. I can't ever imagine going 20 seconds faster. Last night, I started a 10-lap race 11 times. On eight consecutive starts (where I qualified in last place), I was taken out after being hit from behind by an AI car some time before the fifth lap. I turned on invincibility finally just so I could complete the 10 laps. On my final try, I was taken out from behind on lap 8 and spun out without crashing into the weeds. Of course the car stalled and it took three times to get it fired back up. By that time I was 45 seconds behind the guy who took me out and had a solid deathgrip on last place. The AI is ruthless and dogged about claiming the line whether I am there or not. It is so incredibly frustrating to be running along having a good time when an AI car either hits me from behind or broadsides me to get back on the line. And when it happens time after time after time, it's maddening. It's probably because I'm running slower than they are, but I really don't want to turn down their strength any more than I have set already. It's embarrassing to admit that I've run over 500KM on the track and still can't beat AI at 73%, isn't it?

4. Helium

Helium Registered

Yes!

But why would you give up those eleven month? Atm I don't see any real advantage of the steam version besides being "fancy" and having autoupdate (which apparently is a downside for many). The workshop has great potential but right now it isn't of any great use. I migrated right away since I am a lifetime owner but I wouldn't have done it without the lifetime version.
    If you want to use steam and don't have the lifetime upgrade I would even think about getting it now since it is not available at steam and will not be around for long for nonsteam users either. But I guess that might not be the best option for you since you don't seem into online racing.

5. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I thought about giving up something I paid for and realized that ruining someone else's online racing experience because of my substandard skill level was not fair to them. Several years ago, I used to ride my motorcycle with Southern Cruisers, a riding club. We'd get new people who would join us all the time. The problem was that their experience level was so varied. On one ride, the whole group was doing 45 in a 65 area because of one rider. I happened to be behind him and I felt extremely vulnerable . There is an expectation that if you can't do "the speed" you shouldn't be on the track. If/when I can ever do the speed, we'll talk.

6. costamesa

costamesa Registered

Can someone please enlighten me on whether I can transfer/move my lifetime subscription to steam or not? I am not that much steam online gaming expert, would i be able to play on steam servers if I cant do that? (I dont think it would be such a big problem for me if I cant though, sp+lifetime subscription costs even less than 40 dollars with the current discount on steam-considering that I paid more than 80 dollars 3 years ago- But money is money right?)

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

You can transfer your lifetime account to Steam without problems

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Does anyone read the Steam Q&A?

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I raced 115% ai there the other night online had no trouble 2:36

Did Italy too came 2nd from 20 seconds back 1:48

Same as Belgium not quite catch leader finished 2nd after giving a big start 4:16

That is with other drivers btw not just Ai

115% 35% aggro

Now do I agree heaps of people that are better drivers then the Ai end up still crashing out ?
    Yes, why I am not really sure, they are Ai you have to be careful around them.........

10. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Suggest alternate thread title ==> "Changing to STEAM early buyers should...have their heads examined"

11. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

This discussion is getting too far away from the original posting, so I'm going to start another one. But to the person who thinks I should have my head examined...it's my business how and where I spend my money and whether I choose to race online or not. It has nothing to do with mental illness.

12. coops

coops Banned

because he has the biggest mouth on this forum and whines like a beotch about everything. oh and rf3 he is the only loser to talk about it and mention it all the time.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Whine about what pray, I am perfectly happy with rF2 since build 45 , and you know that, get a life coops.

Who was it whined about posting every nvidia driver ? lol

I already told you once I tell you again you don't like it mate well you know where the door is.

I do not take to personal attack it just shows a sign of immaturity.

I am the only one to talk about rF3 again big whoop ? who cares ...? obviously you do ! lol

Why are you so defensive scared people may have a few orginal ideas you do not agree with or suit you.

......whatever lol

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Don't worry about personal, attack mate they are children.

Talk is cheap here with no consequences of insulting someone to their faces. hehehe

Try to explain a few new ideas and get shot down in flames.

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Another proud day for vBulletin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.