Change UI music to exactly what you want (Zonda R, 599XX, FXX K,...)

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by pilAUTO, Feb 29, 2024.

Tags:
  1. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

To do this you must first find a soundtrack of at least 7 or 10 minutes that suits you perfectly, probably find it on YouTube and then extract it and convert it to MP3.

MP3 works, I don't think another format is needed.

Then you will search for 2 files whose location I will give you below, you will delete them or copy and paste them elsewhere, and you will exchange these 2 files with 2 new different files but whose name will be the same as the files that you have deleted.

Personally, the 2 files that I put instead are exactly identical apart from the name of course since there must be two different names One name corresponds to the entire UI, and the other for the showroom (ambience_showroom &a mbience_start_screen).

So rfactor 2 will see nothing but fire, it will think it is reading the usual music UI, while you will listen throughout the UI to the wonderful sounds of Pagani zonda r or Ferrari FXX for example.

I don't know if the system is designed to repeat the UI music or if the UI music are intended to be long enough that they don't have to be repeated, so the best is to choose a video clip or music whatever you want at least 10 minutes.

What is important is that as soon as the music or soundtrack starts, the sound immediately gets to the heart of the matter, for example that the cars immediately make noise and you don't have to wait 20 or 30 seconds for it to happen so select the sountrack that suits you best.

I leave you mine, which frankly is just exceptional and meets all the criteria that I have just mentioned as well as the sounds of a V12 engine in full action on the circuit.
    The sounds correspond to a series of Ferrari fxx k and 599xx, among the best V12 engine sounds, with very very good sound quality, a fairly long soundtrack, and above all what is very important is that it starts from the start, as soon as the UI has started or as soon as you return to the UI after the race, you hear directly the magnificent sounds of V12 engines.

Very very important, if you do things correctly there is no risk that you will bug rfactor 2 in any way, and in any case, just delete the new files and either put back the old ones that you will keep carefully or even better to check all the files in steam and the two files will magically reappear as original so there is really no problem, don't worry.

This is where it happens :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin\Bundles
    then :
    net.rfactor2.ui.framework.jar\static\framework\music

(((((NOT THIS : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin\Bundles\net.rfactor2.ui.framework\static\framework\music)))))

2 files to exchange but put the same names :

ambience_showroom (.MP3, file 1)
    ambience_start_screen (.MP3 file 2)

My files (perfect ! But facultative)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CdsKEoUcK0R9uTHl1Xamm0zTkx0hYQ6a?usp=sharing

(NOTE : Verify files on steam and some rFactor 2 update and you have to do it again.)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
    Corti and rysim abd like this.
  2. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Sorry I made a mistake (first post edited in 1 minute)

For the 2 files, go here (it works) :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin\Bundles
    then :
    net.rfactor2.ui.framework.jar\static\framework\music

Do like my tutorial it works perfectly.

NOTE :
    Verify files on steam and some rFactor 2 update and you have to do it again.

Sorry for the mistake.

Corti likes this.
  3. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I don't seem to have any folders beyond rFactor2\Bin\Bundles

net.rfactor2.ui.framework.jar is a file on my computer not a folder.
    [​IMG]
    edit
    I can open this .jar file with Winrar and make the changes that way. The above instructions are missing this step. It seems to work thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
    pilAUTO likes this.