Change mod in server

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Iketani, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Iketani

Iketani Registered

I have created a FTP server but always appears F1 Classics mod and Belgian GP track. How to change the mod, please?

Thanks.

2. Spadge

Spadge Registered

stop the server, upload your files, start the server.

If you upload the files when the server is running then restart it, rfactor overwrites the files on exit and your changes won't be picked up.

3. Iketani

Iketani Registered

But I don't know how to choose the mod. Must I upload only the mods that I want use?

4. Spadge

Spadge Registered

You need to upload the mods you want to use, and install them on the server.

Then you run the host prog and select the mod you want to run, filter out cars you don't want, select tracks you want and set up race conditions and rules.

5. Spadge

Spadge Registered

I assumed you knew how to set up a hosted race and just wanted to know about how to change settings using FTP. Sorry.

6. Iketani

Iketani Registered

I only have uploaded the mods to FTP in "Installed" folder. I don't find any host program to choose the mods.

7. Spadge

Spadge Registered

What exactly do you have? What is the server? Where is it hosted? Is it a dedicated rf2 server from a game server company? The more info you can give here the more able we are to help.

You install the game on the server, upload the mods to Packages folder, run the game on the server, go into mod manager, install the mods.

If you don't have access to a proper windows shell (GUI) on the server, then it becomes greatly more complicated. If you have bought an rf2 hosted server from somewhere you need to contact their support for instructions.

8. Iketani

Iketani Registered

I have this:

I have followed the tips of the video and I have accomplished choose my mod, but I don't know how to choose correctly the track. The video says that I must search the track name in .plr file but I don't find that.

9. Spadge

Spadge Registered

OK, so you have bought a game server and have FTP access to the server.

That instruction video looked pretty straightforward. It showed you which folders to upload to get cars and tracks on the server, and how to select them in the games setup control panel thing.

Track name doesn't exist in .plr - at least, I don't see it on mine. Track name sits in the mod's .ini in the same dir as your plr if you have ever set up a multiplayer game of rf2 on your PC.

eg DedicatedGTWEC_11.ini:
    Code:
    //[[gMa1.002f (c)2012    ]] [[            ]]
    //
    // Dedicated Server configuration file
    //

// Note: most settings are now using the regular player file variables where available.  Other variables
    //       including LessenRestrictions, Password, and driving aids are now in the multiplayer.ini file.
    [SETTINGS]
    MaxClients=30  // use this variable or the commandline option "+maxplayers <X>" only if you need to override the multiplayer.ini variable "Max MP Players"

// Available track list depends on the track filter in the RFM file.
    // See comments for chat command to load a specific track directly.
    [TRACKS]
    MALAYSIAN_GP //callvote event Full Loop
    PORTUGAL_GT //callvote event GT Layout

Good luck.

10. Iketani

Iketani Registered

And what name must I take? for example for put Malaysia track, must I put name MALAYSIAN_GP or GT Layout?

11. Spadge

Spadge Registered

For Malaysia, use MALAYSIAN_GP

12. Iketani

Iketani Registered

I don't understand, I'm trying with different track names and always appears Portugal... I have tried with:

|MILLS_OUTERLOOPA
    |PALMBEACHRC
    PALMBEACHRC

And restarting server every time.

13. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

If remote changes don't work it can be that its not overwriting on the server. admin permissions perhaps.
    Maybe if you download the ini file from the server, change it and re-upload? that might do the trick when changing names.