Change df package without exiting game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by patchedupdemon, Oct 7, 2018.

1. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

As the title says, is there a way to change the downforce package of a car, without having to exit the track and go into tuning

At the moment I’m having to exit and this erases my best delta lap, so I can really compare where on track I’m losing or gain, or by how much, with different df packages

Ho3n3r, Akela_DE and Louis like this.
  2. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Registered

If you click the standings tab, you can use "car select" to access the tuning menu options.
    However, it still says I've left and re entered the game, so pretty sure it messes up the delta anyways.

Not really what you're looking for, but it's a whole lot more handy than having to physically leave the game and reload everything again.

3. patchedupdemon

Thanks for the reply, I had that car select option greyed out when I was running in the mclaren shadow server, but if I run in offline single player mode, it’s not there at all

Thanks again anyway

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

There is an 'old school' solution.
    Write down your delta best times on a piece of paper, before you change an upgrade. ;)

alexSchmurtz likes this.
  5. patchedupdemon

Yeah I’ve been doing that, but I’d like to see where and by how much I gain or lose on track with different packages.

Hopefully this will be added with the new ui

Alex72 and Louis like this.
  6. enduser

enduser Registered

I think its something we need in the new ui, also a simple way to force all AI to use the aero package the player choices.
    The game has so many "sub notes" how to do things i cant remember it all, i have to search every time except the notes i have in a txt file...

Car - track combo and overall track best lap times would be nice in the garage.

Another one is player default car setup for all tracks, instead of tweaking hdv files.

patchedupdemon and Louis like this.
  7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

In the Tuning page of car "Force Setup"
    I assume you use that if you want the same upgrades (engine, aero,...) applied to you and AI for that track.

Alex72 and Daniele Vidimari like this.
  8. enduser

enduser Registered

That doesnt do anything , it applies the car tunning to only the car/livery selected so its pretty much useless.
    Instead u need the whole car class/track combination.

9. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I think it does work for all cars in that class/track combo. I used it with GTE at Nordschleife to select low drag package.

10. enduser

enduser Registered

Lol ok yes it does work on the track, i expected the ui to update visually for all cars silly me! , its one of those rf2 quirks. That little asterisk is not very noticable with a quick glimpse , usually u would use coloured or bold font much more common i believe, also pop up text saying "car class" instead of "car" would be a lil more enlightening. Anyway no point in all this after u ve learned how it works right? (my usual sarcasm) and it works on track so....