Cars should have a lot more information so players know how to drive it realistically

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Tukkeuma, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Tukkeuma

Tukkeuma Registered

This is what i noticed when setting up my controls: When i select a new car, for example skip barber, there is no way of knowing if the real life car has H-pattern gearbox, sequential qearbox or flappy-paddle gearbox. Since most players have advanced PC wheels and it's possible to select any of these three options, the game should tell us what is the correct way to drive the car. I had to find some onboard videos of real life skippy to find out what kind of gearbox it has.

Same thing with the clutch: i still don't know what is the most realistic way to drive Corvette C6.R. I found out from the videos that it has flappy-paddle gearbox, but i don't know if i need to use clutch for the up- and downshifts and do i need to use heel-and-toe teqnique or not?

Actually the cars are missing all the technical data in-game? We are forced to use google to find out how much horsepower a car has or what is it's weight. Isn't this pretty basic information and should be visible in-game? :confused:

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I agree 100%. We should have this basic info and also a data sheet with a torque curve. The garage info doesn't even include whether the car is FWD, AWD or RWD.

3. pas74

pas74 Registered

agree...especially for the use or not of the heel & toe in some new cars...
    i have gigabite of videos that show that in the blancpain series..and fia gt series 2012/2013 all the cars use just the paddle shift.....so i'm really confused ...if i have to use the clutch or not....

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2013
  4. deak1944

deak1944 Guest