Cars disppearing

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Kevin Schole, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Kevin Schole

Kevin Schole Registered

rF2 works and looks great for me except for one problem: during many races, with only 10 others cars on the track, portions of cars I am following disappear. In the case of the Honda NSX, entire cars disappear from view when they're less than 100 (virtual) meters ahead. I have a new computer with an AMD Radeon R7 200 series graphics card and have tried many different display settings within the game, but nothing seems to alleviate this problem. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

update.... Think I solved the problem for the most part. Reduced the Auto Detail FPS to 24. Now the Renault Clio cars are all there (portions of the cars had been disappearing), although occasionally an NSX will disappear entirely from view momentarily.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
  2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

The reason for this can only be the max visible cars what is set in the graphics settings.
    If you only run with 10 AI´s or so, try to set this value to 10 or 12.
    That is the amount of cars that will be displayed simultaneosly.
    Helps keep performance up with more AI´s.

3. canastos

canastos Registered

True, for example, I have max visible cars set to 15 vehicles, but aditionally, if I had a brand new computer like yours, I would completely disable Auto Detail FPS; you don't need it, for now ;)

byyyyyyyyyye