Career mode for rFactor2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Racefreak1976, May 5, 2014.

1. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Hi there,

today I was wondering if there are any plans for a career mode. Like we had in rF1...just better. ;)

Greetings and sorry if this has been asked before. I'm too lazy to use the search.... :cool:

2. doug484

doug484 Registered

They have said a few times there aren't any plans to do this. I think this is a huge shame because running an offline championship was my favorite thing about rF1.

Racing against other humans is great, but sometimes I get fed up with the idiots and need a break - but still want to race.

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

The good AI in rF2 defenetly deserves a championship mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Could this be done by a modding team, maybe?

coasting&cruising likes this.
  5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There will be a way, but it won't be in the executable. So, not like rF1, no.

Sent using Tapatalk

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Less like rF1, more like Excel.... :p

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Hmm... There will be a way because modders will create it at some point? Or..? :)

8. msportdan

msportdan Banned

So there wont be a simple points custom season mode. ? Hhmmm

No fancy career just a way to save points and a schedule. ? :(

Just like in race 07, pick the cars choose the calendar and settings then race for points and it gets tallied in league table. That all ill like. Please Isi

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_260 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
  9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I do not mind a occasional offline jaunt but for longer races they need to improve passing under blue flags for mine.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Works very well for me using a multi class grid, of course slight improvements would help but I've not seen any major problems so far.

11. msportdan

msportdan Banned

i wont lie, im very "moany" about AI, throughout all the sims ive played, i do like to pick them to bits. However RF2s Ai i can honesty say are quite flawless. Especially compared to other sims.

It why im investing my time and money in this game. I also just got my brother converted to. So i hope our monies are being invested wisely hehe!!!

Brands hatch license maybe.. :)

12. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

and AFAIK they're still working on it(will always be I know, but I mean more substantially), and hence it'll only get better!:)

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

First line asks for simple. Second line seems upset at it being simple. Third line asks for simple. Confused. :)

Can't say much else right now, other than already said. :)

14. msportdan

msportdan Banned

No sorry Tim i want simple i meant i don't want fancy career. IM happy with just as said points a custom calander and the great ai. With qualy.

Thatll Keep me happy :).

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_260 using Tapatalk

15. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

If I can be honest here, I would like the full package (earning cash through sponsoring or winning or achieving certain goals at least and then upgrade your ride an buy new ones). Gran Turismo style with better physics. ;)
    Well, being able to change my starting number (without having to paint the whole skin of a car) would be a good start.

This at least should be possible and not too hard to implement.

:cool:

16. stonec

stonec Registered

I don't think it's too hard to implement, the devs are just focused on other things at moment. From last two years of following rF2 grow, I have got the picture that the development of rF2 is quite bound to ISI's own plan. Bug fixes are made based on public feedback, but that's about it. The public has mostly complained about the UI, but it still looks same as in 2012. Most features that have arrived hadn't been particularly requested by public, such as flexi chassis or resume from replay. Not saying that those are worthless features at all, but not features that would be on top of list if a poll was created on this forum.

17. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

I'm using the minimalist UI so the original UI doesn't bother me much. And before it didn't bother me much either. It fullfilled its purpose.
    I think, ISI also worked on the GFX a lot lately. I love the new smoke particles and how shadow is projected on it. Makes some good stuff for my videos. I love it.

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

With all the customizing, mods, plugins, etc. I'm sure there will be ways to do this.

I really loved the GT Legends career mode. I forced myself to use a different car every time it was time to choose a car. I also tried to alternative between light cars and heavy cars. The structure of starting from the bottom really makes you experience the slower class cars, their varieties (heavy, light, etc), and the smaller version of the tracks. You really get the full experience of all the different combinations.

It also makes you "feel" the power and grip of each car more as they get more powerful, lighter, heavier, etc. When you jump from the Lotus Cortina to the Alfa you can appreciate the extra gear it has. When you jump in the Mustang you really feel the power (because you had previously gotten used to the less powered Alfa/Lotus/Mini). And so on and so on.

I also absolutely loved all the upgrades, and stages of upgrades (usually 3 or 4) of all the rFactor 1 cars. You could really notice the differences in not only the entire stage kit upgrade, but just on individual part. Just adding the stage 2 front splitter while the rest of the car was all stage 1, and you could really feel the added front aero grip, careful though since everything else is still stage 1 (eg. tyres, suspension, rear spoiler, side skirts, diffuser, etc. etc.) you can really catch yourself out with an aero imbalance and high speed oversteer due to the increased front downforce. Weight reduction stages, flywheels, ECU upgrades, different engines alltogether (which will affect weight and overall car dynamics, not just power), hoods, clutches, gearboxes, wheels, brakes, exhausts, diffs, etc....

Upgrade your tyres but not your suspension and you'll be able to feel the car limitations due to suspension giving out before the tyres do. Upgrade your tyres before your brakes and you'll probably start getting major brake fade as your lower stage brakes can only handle the increased grip and therefore braking potential of the new tyres for so long.

It is amazing trying to decide where you're going to spend those few dollars on. Trying to strategically decide which one part your car would benefit the most, maybe not even due to overall performance, reliability or consistency either, but purely due to the specific track that the next race is scheduled to take part on.

Then in order to make things a little more organized, there were also the options of using/purchasing the pre-configured stage kits. This made it easy to specifiy which of the 3 or 4 stage version car to use, rather than giving everyone (online) a specific list of a bunch of car parts to buy/install.

Some sort of league where everyone gets credits/points to buy upgrades after each race and slowly upgrade a part or two race by race, would be truly amazing. The strategy it introduces combined with the feel of your car changing due to these parts more and more over the season would be phenomenal. It would really add a whole new dimension.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2014