Car reflects

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Rayo_McQueen, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Rayo_McQueen

Rayo_McQueen Registered

Hi all:

How I do for make a great car reflection, like ISI cars?

I put blend to 100% and alpha channel completly white, but the reflection isn't very strong. It is more strong with obscure colors, but very weak with light colors.

Is there a trick to improve this?

Thanks.

2. 4L0M

4L0M Registered

Hi Rayo_McQueen,

Try alpha Channel Bright red at 50 % opacity and see how that looks.

3. McNolo

McNolo Registered

I have the same problem.

Maybe some member of ISI could help us.

The red opacity in options of alpha channel 1 don't work for me, but thanks.

4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

It will be a great help if ISI will give here the material parameter of the body of their last delivered car (Brabam for example).
    I'm waiting for that to continue to work on our cars. I don't want to pass several day of test for that, because ISI have already the good parameters.
    The better way to answer to this question, is to provide the material library of the Brabam (export from 3DS Max material editor) to use as reference.

5. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

IMHO even if those materials are better than in other cars, are still not perfect. For example too less dependent on view angle (Fresnel effect). I would like to see reference materials after these will be 100% ready otherwise we may end up with a lot of mods with materials not good enough. Additionally those materials properties may not be valid for all cars in all mods. So better way is to understand how to use materials properties to get most realistic result.

Currently ISI is developing shaders as well as materials. Let them time to finish this work

6. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Agree, but a starting point to have a clean render is a booster for motivation. At this time, no material reference help, no work on my side. So no mod on rF2.

I can wait the shaders/material are frozen by ISI, but the Beta was released for modders, and at this time few new feature are usable/described/frozen to help modders to be sure to work for rF2.

So as I said, the ball is on ISI side, if they want modders on rF2, they need to help them to progress. And this before other new sims are out to not lost the benefits of the rF2 Beta phase.

7. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I pretty much agree. I have just decided to wait for the final release and also the first patches :D

8. websta

websta Registered

I will install updates and look but will not spend any time as it is a guessing game with changing rules ATM IMHO