Car parts disappear in side screens

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Simonk, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Simonk

Simonk Registered

Hi guys
    I'm sometimes seeing car parts disappear only in the side screens of my triples when an opponent is next to me, when the opponent moves into the centre screen the parts reappear. Is this a bug or can it be fixed? I assume it's an LOD issue but it's like the LOD distance is shortened in the side screens.

2. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

which mod? as I remember there are different LOD settings depending on using cockpit view or outside view.

3. ManfredK2_new

ManfredK2_new Registered

I have seen this also a few times. Afair one time it was the F1 1975 mod when the chassis was missing. The driver sat in an "open car". Happened only to the one car next beside me. The chassis appeared as soon as the car moved a few meters. Afair it was not reproduceable.

note: Auto FPS is disabled

4. ManfredK2_new

ManfredK2_new Registered

mod car on a mod track. As soon as the cars moves a few centimeters the chassis appears.[​IMG]

5. redapg

redapg Registered

Which ones? :)

6. Simonk

Simonk Registered

I’ve just solved this problem by increasing the LOD out to 500 in the GEN file for the parts that were disappearing. This isn’t ideal because I don’t need to see these parts 500 metres away but any less and they disappear in the side screens. Interestingly before I changed it to 500, if I moved closer to the opponent the parts reappear so it’s like the LOD distance calculation in the side screens is incorrect?

7. redapg

redapg Registered

I can not seriously test it, because i have 1 Monitor only.
    But on the Screenshot from @ManfredK2_new it looks as if he uses the Key to look to the right and there it happens too.
    I don't know how the Use of a 3 Monitor Screen is hardcoded, but it sounds a bit strange, that raising the LodOut of the disappeared Part solves the Problem, to be honest.

8. ManfredK2_new

ManfredK2_new Registered

HGT Corvette C3 from workshop, track is my improved Rouen. Pic is from my right side triple monitor

see nothing wrong in gen-file
    <MAX> MeshFile=corvettec3_body_a.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(150.0) ShadowCaster=(false, Solid) Damageable=true Reflect=True
    <MAX> MeshFile=corvettec3_body_b.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(150.0) LODOut=(400.0) ShadowCaster=(false, Solid) Reflect=NoLOD
    <MAX> MeshFile=corvettec3_body_c.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(400.0) LODOut=(550.0) ShadowReceiver=True Reflect=False
    <MAX> MeshFile=corvettec3_parts_a.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(50.0) ShadowCaster=(false, Solid) Reflect=True
    <MAX> MeshFile=corvettec3_parts_b.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(50.0) LODOut=(100.0) ShadowCaster=(false, Solid) Reflect=NoLOD
    <MAX> MeshFile=corvettec3_parts_c.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(100.0) LODOut=(175.0) ShadowCaster=(false, Solid) Reflect=False
    <MAX> MeshFile=corvettec3_parts_d.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(175.0) LODOut=(550.0) ShadowCaster=(false, Solid) Reflect=False
    <MAX> MeshFile=corvettec3_gauges.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(50.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid, 256, 256) Reflect=True

9. redapg

redapg Registered

That is my "Problem", because i can not reproduce it with 1 Monitor. :)
    Yes, the Lod Values look OK.
    Do you have the same Effect on a S397 Track like Spa for Example, too?

10. ManfredK2_new

ManfredK2_new Registered

i think this is only a "now and then" (ab und zu) problem, which i dont investiate further as it only happens for a few seconds at race start and then never again in the whole race.

same cars and same track - no issue. Recognized also when the chassis is not visible and then doing a "restart race" the chassis is visible

[​IMG]

11. redapg

redapg Registered

@ManfredK2_new Just a Note: the Entries ShadowCaster=(false, solid), should better be ShadowCaster=false only.
    If you know the Modder...

ManfredK2_new likes this.
  12. redapg

redapg Registered

So it's also a different Problem as the Problem with the missing Parts in Replays, where it appears with Track Cameras.
    As said, i can not test anything with my 1 Monitor Setup.
    You could put it on the Bug Report List. :)