Car Paint Schemes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C3PO, Jun 30, 2013.

1. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Hi - I'd like to change the paint scheme on the GT-R and Corvette cars. Is there somewhere where schemes have neen uploaded? Would like a RL Nismo set. Also, will these work across MP - will there be any MP side-effects if I instal my end?

2. Twista

Twista Registered

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Custom skins work really well. I love to see the little green box by drivers names in the servers and check out the excellent paint jobs on show. There are some very talented painters around here and I am thankful for the car skins thread and painters sharing the creations :D

4. exiled

exiled Registered

I use this one from Pay2021 and no shouldn't get any issues as PRC Steve said there is option in game settings to download custom skins that players are using in MP its where the option for the transparrent trainer is :)

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...car-skins-here?p=168335&viewfull=1#post168335
    [​IMG]

EDIT-if you haven't seen this post yet here's a vette skin found earlier its a MAS file i just opened MAS2.exe and extracted the dds files from it

Vette 2013 by Tosch
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...car-skins-here?p=172097&viewfull=1#post172097
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2013
  5. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Thank you!

6. C3PO

C3PO Registered

7. tjc

tjc Registered

C3PO...

The folder you create in the player/Settings folder is named the same as the folder in the Installed/Vehicles folder. For the GTR it`s "ngtr_car" not NissanGTR...

If there`s not a folder named "ngtr_car" in the Settings folder, create one and then do the sub folder, NGTR_02 (or whatever number of car your replacing) and put your renamed .dds file containing "alt" in it somewhere, in that folder. The skins should appear then.

For any skins you want to put in sim do the above. Look in the Installed/Vehicles folder to see what the cars are named and make a folder of the same name in the player/settings folder, create your sub folder and put the skins in there.

EG:

player/settings/ngtr_car/NGTR_00 - NGTR_00alt.dds

If there are window files etc that come along with the skin, add "alt" to them too.

EG:

NGTR_00WINDSHIELDOUT.dds

to

NGTR_00altWINDSHIELDOUT.dds

Hope this helps.

8. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Thank you -- will try this!

9. exiled

exiled Registered

@ tjc & C3PO there is a easier way rather then creating folders manually

just go to the car in the showroom and their is a button Create Dir this will create all folders for you for the model and number car that you want for the skin in the userdata/player/settings/car folder, I also just name my skins with a number like on the pic 0001alt and increment the number for each extra skin.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013
  10. tjc

tjc Registered

Nice one exiled...

I`d actually forgotten to say about the "Create Directory" option :p

The car looks really nice in your screen of the spinner there. Is that from previous builds? I ask because my spinner view looks way over saturated and pretty jaggy and nowhere near as nice as that.

11. exiled

exiled Registered

Shot i grabbed from game quickly today so its on the latest build 240, screenshot is a crop from a triple screen resolution 6000x1080
    I don't have HDR enabled on my game might be that.

12. tjc

tjc Registered

Ahh right... I do have HDR on, I`ll try with it off to see.

Cheers. :)

13. tjc

tjc Registered

That`s exactly what it was... seems having HDR on just now makes things look pretty yuk in the spinner.