Car Mark/Model Identifier

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaXyM, Jan 11, 2012.

1. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Looking into result files I found that there are no changes in how car is reported. What is still missing is car mark/model.

Code:
    <VehFile>MS5_64.VEH</VehFile>
    <UpgradeCode>00000000 00000000</UpgradeCode>
    <VehName>EVE F3 MS5/1 1966 #64</VehName>
    <CarType>F3</CarType>
    <CarClass>F3</CarClass>
    <CarNumber>21</CarNumber>
    As we can see, CarType and CarClass contains class name. VehName unfortunately contains car number next to car mark. Worse, modders can put any string instead of car number, for example original driver name.
    I also don't understand why car number given in VehName is different than one reported in CarNumber field - but it is not so important to me at this point.

Could I ask to add one field to result files (and to mods of course) based on which we will be able to discover car model? In that example it would be: EVE F3 MS5/1

Reason: processing result files, we want to store driver results linking them with some defined car. If more drivers go with the same car, even if it is different veh file, it is still the same car. Currently I can recognize car only by VehFile value which is very inconvenient if mod contains a lot of cars of the same model.
    Another example: in case of GT mod, it would be enough to identify a few different cars. Currently I have to work with a lot of vehfile names (a few for each car model)

BTW: I'm asking for this expansion for about 6 years. I really hope for this addition.

best regards

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'm sure Jeremy has a lot to add to the results. If this post gets buried, please make sure he'll find it when he needs it, as it's way too early for him to work on this now.

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Tim (or other moderator), would you like to move this post to 'Wishlist' thread?
    Thank you.